We've had our fair share (and then some) of snow this winter. I have quit counting the snow days, but it's fair to say that our usual 9 week summer will be more like 7 right about now.
But we've had our fun. This was last week:

In between snow days, the kids all decided to get sick (kids including Ryan), so Kylie made it back to school for one day and Alex not at all before this happened:

One of these things is not like the other, don't you think? This is the most snow the kids and I have ever seen at one time. The official total is close to 2 feet!
What's even nuttier is that this was taken only a few days before the first picture:

It was a gorgeous Saturday and nearly 70 degrees, which I'm told it will be again this Saturday. I'm getting weather whiplash!
Here's a random sampling of winter pics for the grandma/grandpa/aunt/uncle/cousin/long distance friend crowd:
A kid could get lost out there!
catching flakes on his tongue
Peter wants to go out any time he remembers there's snow!
If you look closely you may notice the kids' shoes are wrapped in WalMart bags (because we walked in deep snow to the hill) and that they are sharing a flattened cardboard box to get them down the hill. Next year we may need to buy snow gear.
We let Ryan and Peter play sometimes, too.
Snow day coping strategies include cake and headstands.

1 comment:
Great pictures! And I say if the walmart bags work, then hey, they'll suffice. At least it's less to store for the 50 weeks out of the year it doesn't snow, right? :)
Post a Comment