Thursday, June 9, 2016

Just Because

I'm just dusting off the keyboard. Reading old entries makes me laugh and cringe and remember. And I wish there were more to remember. I want to go delete and edit old things, but I'm just picking up here and doing whatever I do. If I sound silly and pretentious to myself, it's probably because I am/was silly and pretentious. Whatever. I still love those reminders of what my life looked like back then. 
It's very different and very similar now. I'll want to remember this later, too, so here's the "for the record" rundown:

Evie - is almost 2. Is very vocal. Shouts constantly (ugh!) but is also very sweet and funny. Loves Doc McStuffins and her siblings. Loves/hates the dog. Has a hilarious run. Loves to bathe. Hates to have her hair brushed. We can't remember what life was like without her. 
 
Peter - is 7 and a half. Is crazy smart, as in one of those kids who just picks up a book and starts reading before Kindergarten. Is affectionate and emotional and intense - loves to hug, snuggle, play, fight. Will start 2nd grade when school starts again. Loves to make Evie laugh. Definitely has ADHD. Has a love/hate with Alex. 

Alex - is 12 now. Is super quiet/shy except when he's not. Is not growing much, which concerns me. Loves to draw, sketch, imagine, get lost in his own world. Has read the Harry Potter books the last two school years and is on the last book! Is easily embarrassed and his own worst critic. Is a Deacon at church and the cutest one ever. Is really good at helping entertain Evie. Is working hard to be nicer to Peter after several very rough months and a tough mom lecture. Began playing viola in 6th grade and is pretty good at it. Is listening even when you don't think he is. 

Kylie - is 13. Has changed from girl to young woman, which pleases and scares me. Mothers everyone, which pleases and irritates me. Adores her baby sister and helps with her tons! Reads constantly. Is obsessed with Percy Jackson books. Is currently away at camp. Loves to create. Is getting better at keeping her room clean. Wants to be a rich and famous fashion designer when she grows up. Also wants to get paid to sit on the couch eating potato chips. Is incredibly driven and will make you insane if you attempt to slow her down. Struggles with anxiety. Is learning to cope better every day. Has good friends and is a good friend. Is excited/nervous about changing schools next year and being the "new girl." 

Jess - is 36. Finds this kind of thing difficult to write about oneself. Is trying to decide what to be when she grows up. Is not sure how she feels about having a teenager and a toddler. Still loves to cook and bake. Decided it was time to feel better and has lost 36 pounds so far this year. Is starting to enjoy biking. Loves pool days with the kids. Still wants a housekeeper. 

Ryan - turns 40 next week. Won't say what he wants to do about that. Just passed his 1 year anniversary at his "new" job at SVDS. Is also trying to get in shape again. Is enjoying Alex's scouting years so far. Kind of wishes he had been a high school chemistry teacher sometimes. Has obviously never seen Breaking Bad. Recently grew his hair out for 6 months and convinced the boys to do it with him. Probably secretly agrees about the housekeeper. 

Maggie - is 3 I think. Sleeps a lot. Is cute but annoying. Chases birds and squirrels. Is a terrible dog to take for a walk. Loves Evie because she drops food. 

So that's what's up with us!




2 comments:

Maren said...

Just cracked open my blog too. I'm hoping to revive it as much as possible. Can it be done. I do not know. BUT! I was happy to read your update :)

Dellanda said...

"https://www.ecomparemo.com/vehicle-insurance