Friday, November 6, 2009

Five for Friday

This week has been a blur for me. Let me see if I can recall 5 for you though.

1. As of 6am this morning, I am supposed to be out of town with the family. We are supposed to be in Tulsa today and OKC tomorrow. But, it's 10:20, and here I am, sitting here and blogging about it. Not sure why, and maybe we'll still go.

2. Peter made a trip to the pediatrician yesterday because he has not been sleeping more than a few hours at a time. The prescription: let him cry. I was really hoping for a magic pill. Even a shot. I hate this part of babyhood.

3. Halloween was fun, the kids were cute, and the candy has kept us in a week long sugar induced stupor. It has to stop soon.

4. We are holding auditions for a new tooth fairy. Kylie is owed for her last two teeth, and it's been over a week. Every morning this week she wakes up and checks. Now even the tooth that was under her pillow is missing, and still no cash. Forget the fact that I had to borrow a dollar from her the last time Alex lost a tooth. It must be rough being the oldest.

5. Alex's first parent teacher conference is this morning at 11:30. I was planning on skipping it, since we're out of town and all, but it looks like I may be going after all. Wish us luck. I'm nervous to hear what his teacher has to say, but I am comforted by the fact that I do know there have been no moonings.

2 comments:

Katie Rod said...

Ugh...I hate that screaming through the night stuff. And I don't know what you do when you have other young kids who have to listen to it, too. We bought an "industrial" strength fan (we call it the polar winds) and that seemed to help us sleep a little better. But, I hear benadryl works wonders... :)

And good luck with the parent teacher conference! At least there are no moonings that you know of yet...And have fun on your trip!!

Nicole Bolinger said...

you are sooooo funny! You just make me laugh! BTW, your cake a a huge HIT!!! Thanks!