Friday, November 20, 2009

5 for Friday

I forgot this last week, huh? Well, I am about totally brain dead today, so don't expect anything special. Not that you normally should. So, the obligatory 5. . .

1. Last week I accompanied Alex on his first ever field trip. They made me ride the bus. I fell asleep during the production of Strega Nona. Did I ever tell you I'm not really a theater person? For one, I have a hard time staying awake when the lights go down. Secondly, I like to talk and don't love sitting still, so I don't mesh well with the environment. Thirdly, I am almost always disappointed by over acting, group singing rendering lyrics unintelligible, artistic license gone awry, etc . . . I'd rather rent a movie and fall asleep on my couch where I can snore, drool, eat popcorn, and be unrefined and obnoxious to my heart's content should I want to. Oh, and I got in trouble on the way back to school for letting Alex sit in my lap and sleep. Note to bus driver: If you're that concerned, tell me I'm endangering my child's life while I'm doing it, not afterward. And spare me the physics lesson. "Hey lady, that's not safe!" would have been enough for me.

2. For the past 2 months I've been hijacking someone else's private yoga lessons, and now they are over. I decided to register my protest on the last week with a very nice fart during an attempt at this pose. I had a hard time concentrating after that. I really thought I was going to get through all the classes without letting one off. Silly me.

3. We went to Austin, TX this week so that Ryan could learn some more nerd stuff. It was a very, very long drive, but at least we got to visit a very pregnant Aunt Katie and her adorable family there for a little while. And tomorrow we take off on another very long drive. Longer, in fact. But this time we get to spend more time visiting with some other non-pregnant but equally adorable relatives. Can't wait. Wish we were flying though!

4. I can admit this on the internet, but not in person because it feels silly. Last night I went to a midnight showing of New Moon. Yes I did. With about a gazillion other moms from this area it looked like. And by the end, every one of us had nearly turned into pumpkins. Note to movie producers: If you're going to release movies at midnight, please make them move a little faster. And please have the Edward guy take a dump sometime before the next movie. The constipated look is just not doing it for me.

5. Last but not least, we have baby steps. Yep, little Peter is taking the tiniest of steps. It would be premature to say walking just yet, but we're nearly there! I hope this means he won't be eating as much stuff off the floor now.

That's all I've got time for. So much stuff to write about in other posts, but so little time. . .
Have a great weekend and Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Gotta love your updates! Thanks for making my days!