Wednesday, December 9, 2009

A Post about My Boobs and Other, Less Important Stuff

Yeah, I know everyone is dying because I haven't written anything in a while. Right? Right? Well, I can assure you that we are all indeed alive and well.

And I haven't written for all of these reasons and then some:

1. We were out of town for a week and change for Thanksgiving. It was a great time, and for once (right?), I was the worst behaved member of my large extended family. A true honor, I tell you.

2. I've been trying my hardest to feel really quite unwell at least a couple days a week for the last few weeks. I am now on antibiotics and doing much better. Except when I don't feel well, that is. And, no that does not mean I'm knocked up. Thanks for not asking.

3. Peter has also not felt great the last few days. Lots of pooping, crying, and being held by Mom and Dad.

4. Weaning has ruined my life. I have been ready to stop nursing this baby for about 6 months now, but it seems I forgot how that goes exactly. My plan was to pawn him off for a lot of the Thanksgiving trip and have him off the boob, or darned close to it, by the time we got back to Arkansas. That didn't happen. Now we're in the throes of nursing withdrawals, and the baby and my boobs have never felt less enthusiastic about life.

5. Did you know Christmas is almost here? Well, it is, and I have had to begin shopping. Not that successfully, but still, I've made some attempts. Maybe if I put up a Christmas tree it would feel more like Christmas. I'll let you know how that goes.

So, anyway, in the time it took me to write this, Peter has flooded his crib in tears, and Alex has flooded the kitchen table with paint. Kylie has been asleep since I picked her up from school, and I am really hoping that doesn't mean she isn't feeling well.

Time to get moving. . . .

3 comments:

Jen said...

so funny....the title came up and then you see the picture of Christ off to the side, not sure if it really goes ya know...the boobs word and seeing Christ at the same time.
Good luck with weaning...it sucks almost as bad as being pregnant!

Jessica said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Katie Rod said...

I wish you good luck with the weaning. Now that I am nursing again, I have been kindly reminded of the pain associated with the boobs. yikes!

And good to hear that most of your family behaved themselves for Thanksgiving. Good luck during Christmas!