Today I took a nap. That was great. Really, really awesome. But it sort of means that tonight I will be up later than I should be, and that means I'll be tired again tomorrow. But it was probably worth it, because it was maybe the best nap ever. And there's always caffeine for tomorrow.
Today I also bought 4 boxes of Girl Scout cookies. Two Samoas, one Thin Mint, and one Tagalong; just in case you needed the breakdown. I also noticed that there were no actual Girl Scouts involved in the hocking of the cookies. Nope, just moms selling to other moms while the little Girl Scouts were busy. . . um, . . . I don't know. What do Girl Scouts do? I really should find out because Kylie thinks she needs to be one, and I need to know if I hate the idea or not. Today I couldn't even explain to her what the cookie sales were all about. I told her they probably use the money for their activities (again, I don't know what they do. . . ) and costumes. I think perhaps I should have said "uniforms" instead of costumes, because I wouldn't want Kylie thinking they play dress up after school. That would just seal my fate, and, before you knew it, we'd be selling cookies at your doorstep. At $3.50 a box, I'm thinking those are some fancy costumes. But what do I know? I wasn't even a Brownie.
Today I made an appointment to get my hair done. And then I changed my mind a half dozen times about the color I want. And then I realized I picked the wrong week and canceled the appointment. So I have to think about this again next week. I'm ready for a big(ish) change, so don't be shy if you've seen anything you think I might like. But don't get crazy. Nothing permed, mullet-esque, or butch. Sadly, I've done them all. (Mom, if you're reading this, it's not too late to discuss reparations.)
Today I also had occasion to remember what I forgot to do yesterday. And that was to buy deodorant. So, I was forced to choose between the risk of pitting out or smelling like Axe. And I can't even stand for Ryan to smell like Axe, so I'm glad it was cold all day.
Also, today I still forgot to go to the store. I'll definitely go tomorrow. If I remember. And I hope I do, because we're headed to Texas for the weekend, and you know you need deodorant in the Lone Star State. Also, I hope to get some Taco Cabana and Sprinkles if we get to Dallas before 9 on Friday. (Hey, Katie, if you're reading this, you got a favorite flavor?? And if I bring you cupcakes, will you forgive me if I forget my deodorant?)
Well, today is almost over, and my nap is wearing off. Till next time. . . .
1 comment:
Funny post. Although I almost slipped into an envy coma when I read that you got a nap yesterday. If I can't have one, no one should!
Post a Comment