Monday, March 15, 2010

Slacker and Proud of It

Mondays are supposed to be kind of stressful and sucky, I know. But I'm on pretty good terms with Monday. I'd say we're friends. Other than having to get the kids to school on time (a struggle regardless of the day of the week) and starting a load or two of laundry and dishes, Peter (I mean Destructo) and I just kind of hang out.
I treasure Mondays for their recuperative properties. After the hectic weekend, Monday brings me a house that is only as loud or as quiet as I want it to be. I do only as much or as little work as I want, and I have nothing on my schedule for a Monday until I pick up the kids from school. It's great.
So, today, I have done these things and nothing more:
Feed kids.
Feed myself.
Wash and dry (but not sort, fold, hang, or put away) 2 loads of laundry.
Take a shower, get dressed, and dry my hair.
Change a few diapers.
Check my email.
Watch TV with Peter.

Next up is a John Denver singalong with Kylie and Alex at school at 2:30. Oh yeah, you read that right: John Denver. I love it!
After that, I will force the kids into a little slave labor to pick up my slack.
Can't wait til next Monday!

No comments: