Monday, March 29, 2010

Spring Break Stats

The kids are safely back at school this morning, and I've had some time to reflect on the so-called Spring Break we just wrapped up. Here are a few tidbits from the week:

Snowfall total: 7 inches
Rainfall total: has to be close to the same as snow, just a bit more spaced out
Trips to the park: 1
# of times I sent kids to their rooms: about 100
Winner of the 2010 Spring Break Go to Your Room!-athon: Kylie
# of times I said, "No whining; no fighting!": 100-150
Winner of the Whiner of the Week Award: Alex
# of broken bones/trips to the ER: 0 (Hey, we celebrate all small victories!)
Kids who definitely had pink eye: Peter
Kids treated for pink eye: Kylie, Alex, and Peter (better safe than sorry!)
Trips to Chuck E. Cheese's: 1
Trips to overpriced 3D dragon movies: 1 (overpriced, but pretty cool!)
# of cartoons & movies watched at home: too many
Days it was warm enough to be outside w/o a jacket: 1
Days it was cold enough to use the fireplace: 3
Days without rain or snow: 2 ( I think)
# of pictures drawn, colored, and/or cut out @ the kitchen table: 30-40
Hours spent playing the new Super Mario Bros game on the Wii: we won't admit

For the record, I was sad to send them back to school this morning, and I'd like a refund for that Spring Break. I had secretly hoped to take them on a surprise beach trip since Ryan had to work all week, but it wasn't even warm enough in Alabama or Florida to go to the beach!

Sorry, kids. Better luck next year!

No comments: