Yeah, yeah, it's been a long time. Whatever.
I decided I had to kill off the blog or resuscitate it yet again, so here we are. Anything enlightening to tell you? Nope! Random thoughts? Aplenty. A list? My favorite!
1. I should shower more. I am a regular showerer, but it just so happens that all my best thoughts come to me there, so maybe twice a day would be better. I'd be cleaner and smarter. Maybe a little ashy, but it's winter, so it wouldn't matter. I should also go to WalMart less. In the parking lot of my local WalMart is where most of my worst thoughts are born. I'd be nicer and have more money and less crap. Win, win, win!
2. I almost made about a thousand resolutions earlier this month, but I knew better. I made none. Kylie made one for me (us). It was that she and I would spend more time together. That made me feel terrible. I should resolve to be a better mother. Her ideas for our time include weaving friendship bracelets. I have too many control issues for that to end up a good time for either of us, but I just don't know a good way to tell her that. "Um, Sweetie, Mommy is nuts, and if you don't make the bracelet perfectly, she will make you let her do it, and then noone will have fun." Yeah, that might work. She's 8, so maybe she can handle the truth about mothers.
3. I have a big (to me) writing project in my head, and I'm pretty excited about it. My history of making things happen doesn't offer me any hope that I'll ever do it, but here's to maybe some day, anyway!
4. Yes, I am training to do Roller Derby. Feel free to have some laughs on me, even if you already knew about this.
5. And, yes, I am also training for a half marathon at the end of February. More laughs on me; go ahead.
6. Today I am blogging, in part, because I have no other reason not to work on the pile of laundry that is calling my name. Large, large pile. And then there is my bedroom. And the living room. The kids' rooms. It's time to clean the carpets again. The base boards, the fans, the bathroom sinks, tubs, and toilets. Finish boxing up Christmas ornaments, declutter surfaces, dust, clean mirrors and windows, fix some broken crap, buy Ovaltine, pick up Ryan's front tire from the bike shop, work on a cake, read w/kids, help w/homework, make dinner, . . . . How is it possible to be alive and NOT have attention deficit disorder?
7. I had a rather amazing exchange with a crazy person yesterday. And I mean a loony toon. It was, at once, frustrating and exhilarating. It made me feel kind of normal, so I'm thinking of doing it again!!
8. I'm ready for winter to be over and to start spending a lot of time at the pool. Can I get an amen?
9. My 61 year old dad got his first speeding ticket Sunday on the way to church. He doesn't cope well with imperfection, though something tells me there was some perfectly executed cussing happening in that truck when the cop drove away. I'd have liked to have been a fly on the %*#@^%!* wall. Hey, Dad, write me a note from driving school!
10. I know I missed Kylie's 8th birthday, baptism, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and everything else. Are you just dying to know what all happened, or can I get to it when/if I get to it, and we'll call it good? I'm not THAT kind of blogger, you know. I did have some awesome pictures taken this fall, so I'll see if I can get some of those posted soonish. Cause you need to see how cute we all are if nothing else.
That's it. I'm all done for today. Off to my next distraction.
3 comments:
I can honestly say, you are one of the best writers ever! I love reading your posts. I could have written about all of those experiences and it never would have read so perfectly! And I must say, I'm interested in roller derby! Haha...susans husband home teaches my family and he told me all about it Sunday...I'm sold!
Oh look, the Gordens stalk your blog! ha ha
You are so funny! Thanks for coming back to the blog.
I've always wanted stalkers (of the non-dangerous variety, please), so yay!
You girls are good for my ego!
Post a Comment