Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Simple Steps to a Successful Halloween, Magwell Style

Step One: Go to an early 80s-themed couples' party alone, leaving Ryan to injure himself in the attic while "watching" the children.
I won funniest costume for my 99 Red Balloons, but I suspect it was only because I told everyone I had to drive there in my skivvies to make it work.

Step Two: Have the busiest week of your life, but enjoy it. Seriously, we're talking ward parties, baby showers, school parties, last minute costume fixes, major life decisions, trick or treating at work, birthday parties, ice skating practice, big serious meetings, and a 5k. But, all's well that ends well.
And end well it did. A new personal best! But, man it was cold!

Step Three: Make all or most of your costumes, but neglect to take pictures of Kylie in hers.

Alex was a vampire. Think Dracula, not Twilight.

Ryan decided to be Steve Jobs, so I made a last minute iPod sandwich board costume. Fancy, huh?
Peter was a robot. He loved it for about 10 minutes at a time.

Kylie wore a poodle skirt I re-purposed from something else, and she was really excited about it. She had been wearing the accessories for about two months. I'm amazed she didn't lose them, but that's how committed she was to her costume this year. So, I am feeling crappy about the pictures, but to be fair, I didn't take pictures of any of us. I just happened to get these from the photo fairy at our ward party. The only ones I saw of Kylie were the top of her head. Maybe I'll dress her back up and shoot a photo or two.

Step 4: Eat too much candy. Yep, it's a must. But, now that Halloween's a few days behind us (and we've begun the detox process), I have a little to say about that part of it. I understand the urge to skimp a little on the candy to save money, but if that's your objective (mine, too!), let's stay with something respectable like these:

You can get a bunch of these guys for just a few bucks, and they're still worth eating.

And less of these, please:Made from the world's worst chocolate. I think it's half wax. I throw them away.

So, that's what I have to say about our Halloween. It was great, and I'm glad it's over.
Let's talk again soon.


1 comment:

Courtney said...

ha ha, i hate Crunch bars too!!! You could win an award for funnest/busiest week, nice!