Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Blame it on the Rain/Hail/Tornadoes/Blasted Weather Radio

Today we are skipping school.

Last night the weather radio kept me up until I began to fantasize about a tiny tornado coming down and sucking it up, and today I am in no mood to get kids ready and out the door on time.

I feel justified.

More than that, I just don't give a crap. I'm tired of the morning madness, and I am THIS CLOSE to quitting, even though my kids are in school for about 7 more days. Really, what vital information will they miss out on in the last 7 days of school? I sense there will be some cartoons and a whole lotta cutting and pasting. Big whoop. Is that worth dragging them out of bed, breathing down their necks for every step of the routine (now socks, now shoes, now teeth. . . ) packing their lunches full of prepackaged stuff I wouldn't otherwise buy, and sometimes waking up a sleeping toddler so we can get there on time? Lest you forget, the entire process repeats itself in the afternoon, and it comes with backpacks full of litter and kids on the brink of starvation.

I realize I will be complaining in three weeks that I'm ready for school to start, but today I am done with school and, while very tired from last night's adventures in Oz, thankful to that obnoxious weather radio for giving me a reason (valid to me but not the school, I assure you) to slack.

No comments: