Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Mother's Day

I spent Mother's Day in Alabama this year because I was visiting for my grandfather's funeral. It was nice to be with my own mother, but I missed my kids. They gave me some nice gifts they had made on the way to the airport and prepared some others while I was gone. When I looked in their school folders this week, they had some Mother's Day literature they had made. Alex's was funny to me, so I thought I'd share it. I'll change some of his spellings to make them readable for you, but I'll leave most of them his way because they amuse me.

All About My Mom

Page 1
Imagine a very cute picture of me as a large triangle.
This is my mother.
My mother's name is Jessaca.
My mother is 36 years old.
My mother's favorite food is Macarone.
My mother likes to Go to the gim.

Page 2
Insert another triangle picture.
I love my mom she loves me.

Page 3
This page contains directions to write down 8 adjectives about your mother and then write 8 sentences using them.
My mom is loveing.
My mom is nice.
My mom is talented.
My mom is mad.
My mom is beautiful.
My mom s cool.
My mom is awsm (awesome).
My mom is crazy.

Page 4
How are you like your mother?

I have her aditood.
I have her eyes.
I have her skin.
I have her hair.
I have her ears.

Page 5

The Best Advice Your Mother Ever Gave You

To care for other people.
Never hit.
Be cind (kind).

Page 6

M
arvales
O
utstanding
T
alented
H
appy
E
xelent
R
eeding

Alex recently turned 7 and is surprising me all the time. He has become an excellent reader and is very funny, as always. When I left town, he was very upset because he had found out he was to give a talk in primary and really did not want to do it. I fully expected him to refuse, but Ryan helped him prepare it, and he did it with the help of the primary president.

Kylie also wrote a Mother's Day book, but it's in the car, and I'm lazy. Of course you all know I have 3 fantastic kids and a ridiculous(ly wonderful) husband. I'm definitely a blessed Mommy!




2 comments:

Katie Rod said...

hahahaha...these are great. I especially like the adjectives...You probably felt like all those things before breakfast that day! You do have some fun little people.

Courtney said...

That is so cute. I can't wait until my kids can make me little homemade books!