Tuesday, October 4, 2011

You Know Who You Are

Last night I sent an email to a friend who moved away and has not written anything on her blog in too long. I look forward to her posts because she is funny and honest and inspiring and makes me want to be a better everything, so I chastised her for withholding her virtual charms.

And then I thought, "Wait! I'm sure people feel that way about ME!" So, I'm back to inspire you.

Do I hear crickets chirping? Well, anyway, I may not be inspiring, but I'm back.

That friend wrote me back and pointed out that my blogging efforts have been equal to hers, and I told her I'd write something today. I thought long and hard all day today (at least while in the shower), and I never decided what to write about. So, for today, you get some randomness. And, honestly, what else would you want?

Since it's been awhile, I figured we'd just get reacquainted a bit; you, me, and the other person who may read this. Or the other person who accidentally clicked here. Well, anyway, you know who you are, and if you're still reading, here we go. . .

Did I ever tell you that I posted a link to my last blog post on my FaceBook page? Well, I did. And some people read it and commented on FB (but not here. . . why?). And do you know that one person had the nerve to not get it and then advise me to change my attitude? And do you also know that that person may be the most active whinerpants I've ever known? Lame.

Do you ever daydream about making up an anonymous blog and then just putting everything out there? Rants, unpopular opinions, things you would have said in an argument had you had a second to think about it, the crap your in-laws pulled last week, comments you wish you could have made without alienating people you love. . . . I do. I've even given it names in my head. Maybe one of these days. . .

Since I posted last, all kinds of craziness (good and bad and in between) has happened, and I may or may not play catch up. I usually don't. Probably some vital character flaw.

I am writing a book.

For the past 2 years, I have accidentally and sort of, kind of skipped Alex's birthday. We've done family stuff, but no friend parties. I owe (and have promised) the kid a party, and it's been almost 6 months since his last birthday. Kylie's is next week, and I wonder if I can get by with a 2fer, but I don't want to give the kid a complex. We've considered having another kid or two just so he doesn't end up as the middle child. You know, THE MIDDLE CHILD! My poor kids. . .

I hate olives and sun dried tomatoes. And the (non)word, "delish," which seems to be growing more and more popular. Makes me nuts.

I turned 32 last week, and I'm deciding that this is the year I'm meant to figure out adulthood. I'll let you know how it goes, and feel free to clue me in if you've beat me to the punch.

I'm not really writing a book. I just wondered how it would feel to say that. But if I ever do write a book, do you want to be in it?

5 comments:

Alissa said...

Love it. You make me laugh. We still miss friends like you and good ol arkansas.

Katie Rod said...

You totally fooled me on the whole writing a book thing. Seriously, you should. I have this theory that any breathing person can write a book, so why not have it be a funny person such as yourself?? I would buy it. I am thinking of writing a kids book...just because I can. I love Mo Willems, but seriously, a pigeon and a hot dog?? But, honestly, it's my kids' favorite.

amanda said...

Yes...please make me the main character.

Maren said...

Hahahahahahaha...I just went to your fb page and scrolled back 3 1/2 months because I had to know! Hilarious! Move to KC! I think I'll go say a little prayer....

Jessica said...

Alissa, I miss you! Katie, it's something I tease myself with but have never given serious thought because I'm a scaredy pants. Amanda, you're always the main character! Maren, I would have done the same thing!