Wednesday, October 17, 2012

That kind of day

Today was one to write home about.

It was the kind of day that required me to get up pretty early.
It was the kind of day that saw me sleeping through my alarm and dreaming that I was up and getting myself and kids ready.
It was the sort of day that left me running just far enough behind all morning to put me into crazy mommy mode.
It was the kind of day that saw my 3 year old wake up wet and pee his pants no less (but maybe more) than 5 times.
It was the sort of day when, as a substitute teacher in 2nd grade, I sent a kid to the office for having told me about the gun he brought to school in his backpack.
It was the kind of day that ended up with "gun" turning out to be 3 packs of gum.
It was the kind of day that offered no solace when I called my teacher bff for support, and she assured me I was most definitely going to be the laughing stock of the entire school.
It was the kind of day with homework and chores and church after that, even though all I wanted to do was put us all to bed at 7.
It was the kind of day that ends in everyone hating the nice dinner you made a point of making in order to redeem this kind of day from utter failure.
It was the kind of day that leaves the 3 year old exhausted and ready for bed until he angrily realized you left his wet linens there in the mad rush to leave the house by 7. 
It was the sort of day that leaves you with 4 hours worth of after-the-kids-go-to-bed work and only 2 hours left to get it done.

Whatever.
Nobody died. I don't think I caught lice. And only couple of people cried.
I'm calling it a win. 

1 comment:

Ryan Magnusson said...

Sounds like a winner of a day to me.

BTW: I liked the McRib meatloaf.