Not counting Sat/Sun, today is the last day of my kids' Christmas Break. These endings are always met with mixed feelings, but I'll be honest. The mix is heavy on relief.
Thankfully, the last day was warmer than most of the rest of their break has been, so the kids were able to spend lots of time outside. And, thankfully, we had a pretty quiet day with regard to hosting/feeding/entertaining most of the neighborhood.
Unfortunately, a couple of my dear children decided it would be fun to dig a big hole in the back yard. You know, the kind of hole you unwittingly step into and twist/sprain/break body parts because of when you take the puppy out after dark.
Oh, hi! We got a puppy. More on that later.
Fortunately, right when my kids were about to call it quits and come make noise inside for the rest of the day, I discovered the whole and gave them a reason to stay outside.
Unfortunately, I made that discovery only after two big boots tracked mud from the back door to the laundry room and back.
Fortunately, I know how to clean a carpet and fill a hole pretty quickly.
Unfortunately (for the kids), I didn't offer to help.
Fortunately, this will render them quite tired and susceptible to an early bedtime.
Unfortunately, I still have to feed them dinner.
Fortunately, we live 1 minute and 47 seconds from a McDonalds if the light is green. And if the light is red, I can wait.
No comments:
Post a Comment