Tuesday, July 29, 2008
We've Got Male!
It's official. We're having a baby boy. Alex knew it all along. I was so nervous about how he would react if it had been a girl though, that I was totally insensitive to how Kylie would respond. When we had talked about it she would usually say she didn't mind if it was a boy, but she would admit that she would like a sister. Alex was only very seldom willing to consider the possibility that it might have been a girl, so when I noticed boy parts on the monitor and the tech pointed it out, I looked over at Ryan and the kids. Ryan and Kylie had been watching the whole time. She was wide eyed and telling us what she thought it looked like (apparently mostly like a dinosaur because the bones are the most visible part I guess, and she's only really used to seeing dinosaurs' bones), so I thought she had heard when the lady pointed out the sex to me. Alex, on the other hand, had had his fill of it and was busy in his own little world. I called him over to me and showed him, excitedly, what was on the screen and told him he'd be getting his little brother. He was stoked, and then I looked at Kylie. She looked dejected, and tears were starting to bulge in her eyes. I tried to make it okay, but I felt like a huge jerk for having made a big deal out of it and leaving her out. I was just so relieved that I wouldn't have Alex drama to cope with that I didn't even think about how that might make her feel. She was upset for a while, and then we talked some, and she is okay. She is still a little disappointed. She said she'd been waiting so long for a sister, and now her heart is broken. I abated her sadness by letting her call and tell my mom the news. That seemed to help. She also seems to have decided that a good boy bame is Baby Junior. I say we'll consider it. Ryan and I are currently in a naming standoff (we have been for a few years over this actually), so I think the kid might end up simply going by #3 for the birth order. Coincidentally, but for other reasons, "3" was Ryan's nickname as a teenager, so I guess we could do worse. So that's the news. Now we (and by we I mean I) just have to put in 20 more weeks and we'll have another butt to wipe. Yipee!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
YAY!!! How exciting....a little boy....that is great!!
Poor Kylie...but maybe once the baby gets here her big sister instincts will kick in and she will probably be excited to just have a baby around and hopefully she won't mind that it is a boy!!!
I can't wait to find out what we are having....the count down begins 2 1/2 more weeks for us :)
Kylie will be fine. She starts school next week, so she'll be preoccupied anyway. 2 1/2 weeks is just around the corner. Any predictions?
Nick and I are both predicting that it is a girl....just because this pregnancy is entirely different from my pregnancy with Davis....we don't have any sort of feeling or anything like that. This predicition is going off of just pregnancy symptons but honestly we don't care either way!! We will be just as ecxited for a boy or a girl!!
Congrats on the boy! I'm so happy for you guys. Sorry to hear that Kylie is heartbroken. For your sake I hope school preoccupies he. :)
Post a Comment