Thursday, July 22, 2010

Life Support

Hi.

I know that seems a little weak to begin with, but you've got to cut me some slack. It's been 3 months, and I was feeling a little rusty even before then.

First of all, I would like to blame the children's Summer Break for not blogging, but I suspect you may know that that would be a lie. Our break has only been upon us for 7 weeks, so I can't really use that. Darn.

Honestly, I don't really know why I've abandoned my former love. I mean, I used to really love this little blog. It was fun to ramble about whatever was on my mind, and even more fun when someone I barely knew would see me and tell me they had read my thoughts on toilet paper and totally agreed.

There were times I would be driving or at Wal-Mart or in the shower, and a thought would come to me, and I would think, "I want to write about that later." Most of the time I would forget those thoughts before I'd get around to blogging, but that was fun.

Maybe the most fun part of the blog was that when Ryan would misbehave I could look at him and say, "You know I will blog you." And then he would usually straighten up and fly right for a day or two. I mean, this silly blog gave back to me some of the marital powers I had lost since our newlywed days ended.

Lately, though, I just don't feel it. When I think I should sit down and work through my backlog of random thoughts, I can remember some of what I wanted to tell you about, but I just can't make words come together in a way that feels good to me.

So, when I think of my blog lately, I picture my desktop hooked up to life support machines, the memory of better times keeping its little heart pumping. I can't quite decide if I want to pull the plug or wait for some sort of revival.

Today I decided to do neither for the time being. I'm not ready to call it quits yet, but the words are just not flowing effortlessly from brain to keyboard. Not that that happens much, but I'll admit that sometimes I've been quite amused by my own thoughts. So, until that feeling comes back, I'll try faking it once or twice a week.

Now the question is this: Where do I pick up? I could go with good news, bad news, other people's news, funny stories about the kids, family updates, or pure shock value. I think I need some time to think it over.

Meet me back here soon!

3 comments:

Maren said...

oh....I will.

Brown Family said...

Glad to see you're back. I always loved reading your whitty and sometimes sarcastic thoughts. Miss you!

Jen said...

Just do what you do best and write your thoughts! I love reading anything you write.