Dec 1!?!
Did we just skip November? Wasn't it just Halloween? Well, I guess it's that time of year. It's time to think about putting 2011 to bed and planning a great 2012. It just crept up on me, and now I'm thinking about all that 2011 meant for us. This year has been a big one for us. Want to hear about some of it?
In no particular order:
We had Silver Dollar City season passes for the 2nd year in a row, and we added water park passes this year. That kept us busy this summer, and the kids loved it!
We had visitors from both of our families and had a blast with them all. Theme parks, lake visits, Harry Potter, 7 cousins, and 3 grandparents. Not to mention all the fun, snot, and vomit that usually attend such gatherings. Let's do it again next year!
We threw a mountain of cash into one of our kids' mouth for the second year in a row. This is done to protect the teeth that will soon fall out, because we're told it's good for the teeth that will come after them. Go figure. That was fun for noone, but it was noteworthy. As in C-notes.
I completed a half marathon at Disney World, which I NEVER would have done if good friends and Ryan hadn't all but forced me to. And then I quit running. And ate junk food. And outgrew my fat pants. And I am fully aware of how pathetic that is.
We surprised the kids with a week long trip to Disney World with the same good friends I mentioned above. That made it easier to forgive them for the running. Really, though, we all talk about this trip at least 3 times a week. We had a blast (and scored the most absurd travel story ever, which I need to share soon) and can't wait to go back. We're open to donations, should you feel so inclined.
My paternal grandfather passed away this year, and I was able to go to Bama to be with my family for the funeral and some good 'ole visiting. It was a sad time, but a wonderful trip. Ryan was able to work from home some and take some time off so that I could go alone. It was really, really good to see people I hadn't seen in a long time and to remember my grandpa with them all.
We started our kids in a new school after having debated it for the past 2 years. It was a good move, and we probably should have done it sooner. Alex, who had struggled since preschool, is now a math and reading SUPERSTAR! He also went from getting into trouble at least 3 times a week to a near perfect record for behavior. True story.
Ryan finally received the promotion he's been waiting for at work, but not before beginning the interview process in a couple of other places. So, we've spent about half of 2011 wrestling with the idea of moving after having been here for almost half our married life. For now, we're staying put, but stayed tuned. You just never know when we'll surprise you!
We had the privilege of lending our long distance hope, prayers, and support to a family member facing a difficult situation. If you're that family member, we're proud of you. Thanks for doing the right thing when it was maybe the harder choice.
We celebrated our 10 year anniversary in June by ditching our kids and heading to Big Cedar Lodge outside of Branson for a couple nights. It was so relaxing and fun! The trip, not the 10 years. The 10 years have been all that plus equal parts work and worry. I'm sure the next 10 will be relaxing and fun, right?
We talked an awful lot about what I want to be when I grow up, and the jury's still out. For now, I am excited to be involved in a new business called Owl Tree Photography here in Northwest Arkansas. My friend Michelle is an amazing photographer, and I'm thrilled to be able to sidekick for her. Please check out the blog and "like" us on Facebook. The more likes, visits, and comments we have in both places, the better we'll do in search engine results. As a bonus, you may recognize some photos of my cuties if you go check us out!
Given all the time off and travel we've logged all year, we decided we would stay in town for the holidays this year. We missed my family's big, crazy 4 day Thanksgiving weekend, but we're blessed to have wonderful friends here who agreed to celebrate with us. The fact that they didn't have any pukers among them (and that my family did!) was a bonus!
We're looking forward to a wonderful Christmas and to starting off 2012.
Time for resolution making. Any suggestions?
1 comment:
I love it when you post. Sounds like a good year to me....too bad it didn't end with a move to KC.
Are you sick of me saying that?
Post a Comment