Sunday, April 27, 2008

From the Mouths of Babes


Kylie is 5. I have to remind her of that sometimes. Other times it's priceless.
Today Ryan took care of the kids for a few hours while I was out of the house, and wouldn't you know we ended up with a couple new Wii games and accessories. As I got home he was having some trouble with one of the new games. He started to sort of experiment to see if he could get his desired result. The kids both were in the room with him and I was busy in another room, but I could hear everything that was going on. He keeps mumbling about whatever it was being too hard and complicated, and suddenly I hear the voice of reason from my often too grown up 5 year old. "Daddy, maybe you should have read the manual before playing."
No reply from the Daddy . . . .
I love that kid!

2 comments:

Katie Rod said...

what a funny girl...One time when I came to visit, we were playing house, but she always reminded me that we were just pretending to play and that it wasn't real. I think she was only four then.

Ginger said...

Love it!