So, here's a scenario. We'll call it a word problem.
Ryan and Alex are Team 1
Kylie and Jess are Team 2
If both teams were at the gym for a swim class, and the class ends at 7, which team SHOULD arrive home first if all the following are true:
1. Team 1 leaves immediately following swim class (Kylie was the only one in class tonight, we were all just audience for her.) and goes directly home.
2. Team 2 heads to the locker room where Kylie showers, luxuriating in her fruity shampoo and nakedness. She then dries, dresses, and Team 2 gets in the car.
3. After the gym, Team 2 drives to the gas station and fills up to the tune of $63.17!!!
4. After the gas station, Jess realizes it's nearly 8:00, so Team 2 pulls thru the nearest fast food joint to feed and water the children, the idea being that Team 1 should already be home and Alex would be starved by the time Team 2 got back home.
Well, all these ARE in fact true, except possibly #1. Who knows where Team 1 diverted to, especially since that team's leader has a particular aversion to carrying his phone or coming straight home or letting anyone know where he is going.
No, wait, I have to take that back. He did tell me where he was going....straight home. Of course he was going to go straight home, but guess what? The book store (opposite direction from home, mind you!) just happened to get in the way. And his phone just happened to be at home, and my 4 year old just happened to be in the car with him in the middle of a thunderstorm.
So, yes, the answer is that Team 1 should have gotten home first, but they did not.
You'd think that in 7 years either I'd have gotten used to this or he'd have learned that this bothers me. Maybe we should try Wife Swap. Ooh, I know, I think I'll try nagging and see how that works.....I'll let you know.
1 comment:
I love reading your blog! You are so funny!! I sure do miss you. Phenix City just isn't the same without you guys!
Post a Comment