A few minutes ago I was busy in my room sending an email and Alex was playing in my room, kind of hanging out on my bed doing his own thing. He's been totally obsessed with Transformers of late, and he's pretended to be one all day today. While I am worried the kid will be a giant dork one day (God knows it's not genetic!), it has kept him very busy and entertained, and that works for me. So I glance up and catch him in a moment that went like this:
He's standing at the head of my bed pretending to hold a piece of paper in his hands and composing a letter as he speaks:
Dear Santa Claus (We tried to tell Alex the reality of Santa, but the kid is stubborn and insists both Santa AND the Easter Bunny are real.)
At this point he stops, shakes his head and starts over:
Dear Transformer Santa Claus (then he looks up and notices that I'm watching, whines at me to look away. I agree, and he starts over again)
Dear Transformer Santa Claus:
I know that you have all the toys and magnifying glass in your bag.
Love,
Optimus Prime
He seems happy with this version, looks up at me grinning and says, "That's me, Optimus Prime!"
I think the kid spends too much time with his dad.
He's standing at the head of my bed pretending to hold a piece of paper in his hands and composing a letter as he speaks:
Dear Santa Claus (We tried to tell Alex the reality of Santa, but the kid is stubborn and insists both Santa AND the Easter Bunny are real.)
At this point he stops, shakes his head and starts over:
Dear Transformer Santa Claus (then he looks up and notices that I'm watching, whines at me to look away. I agree, and he starts over again)
Dear Transformer Santa Claus:
I know that you have all the toys and magnifying glass in your bag.
Love,
Optimus Prime
He seems happy with this version, looks up at me grinning and says, "That's me, Optimus Prime!"
I think the kid spends too much time with his dad.
1 comment:
uh oh...he's already thinking about Christmas? what a cutie.
Post a Comment