Tomorrow is Kylie's first day of kindergarten, and I was slick and bought all her school supplies ahead of time, as soon as I found the school's list at Wal-Mart. Then we went for kindergarten testing yesterday, and they let me know we needed a couple more things, so we made a mad dash to Wal-Mart for the last minute items. I've been doing some budgeting and meal planning to keep myself out of Wal-Mart as much as I have been going, so I was not looking forward to this trip. Of course, buying Kylie a new lunch box means letting Alex pick one out, too, because I have NO backbone for arguing with 4 and 5 year olds by the end of the day. We get what we need on one side of the store, run into a friend, get totally distracted, and end up walking past electonics to get to the other side of the store. I decided that I would check for the Wii Fit, more out of ritual than hope there would actually be one, and what do you know?! We are now the proud owners of that coveted game. But it's too late to get the kids started on it tonight, so we have to delay our gratification even further. That doesn't always go over terribly well around here, but I get around it by playing dumb. Sorry, kids, Mommy has to wait till Daddy gets home because she doesn't know how to do all that stuff. Just so happens he's working late tonight, so I'm out of the woods for the Wii for now.
Well, we get home and the kids take off toward a neighbor's house. They see the little boy outside and start to play with him while I unload our loot, and by the time I am done, they've all consipred to go in their house and play Daniel's new game. I follow them over there, and talk to his mom for a few minutes before extracting them from her house. I notice she has a copy of Breaking Dawn on an end table. I ask her if she's already finished, and she offers to let me borrow it. She's all done. Of course I want to borrow it! I was in line for another copy, but this no waiting is much better. So, now I just have to get the munchkins tucked in bed and I can read about hormonally-charged, vampire-loving teenagers to my heart's content. Well, for a while anyway. I should try not to be late for the first day of school.
2 comments:
I'm jealous! I haven't got my hands on a copy of the new book yet and I'm dying!!
I am glad that you got Wii Fit...you will have to let us know how you like it!! And plus Breaking Dawn in one night you really did SCORE!!!
Post a Comment