Monday, August 18, 2008
Whiner Alert!
A few times in the last week, I've wanted to sit down and write some, but my attention span is shot. My time is divided up pretty unevenly these days, with an inordinate amount of time and attention being given to peeing and popping Tums. I'm pretty bad about actually finishing something I start anyway, but right now I can't finish a thought without a run for the potty or the medicine cabinet. I've started keeping a small bottle of Tums in every room, one in the car, and some in my purse or the pocket of whatever pants I'm wearing. Right now I'm in my bedroom, and I can count 5 empty Tums containers on the top of my headboard. And we won't even get into how much toilet paper I'm going through. I'm guessing that once I have this baby, we'll have spent enough money on antacids, flushing the commode, and buying extra toilet paper to have diapered the poor thing for a year. Last night I ran out of Tums (!) and had to buy more. I treated myself to a new-to-me flavor, cocoa and creme. Still gross. I can't decide if my mouth tastes funny all the time from all the acid bubbling up or from the Tums aftertaste. The next time I decide to do this baby thing, I'm going to open a pregnancy gift registry with 2 things on it: Tums and Charmin. Maybe when they give you those stupid gift bags at the OBGYN's office with formula coupons, free parenting magazines, and nipple cream samples, they should really just hand you some free antacids and coupons for adult diapers. I've been thinking about sleeping in them so that I don't have to get up at night so often to pee. Ryan says that's where he draws the line, and I'm pretending not to do it to please him, but really I've just realized there's no point because I still have to wake up and eat Tums. Oh well. I do count myself priveleged just to be able to have babies, so I shouldn't complain so much. But it makes me feel better. Sorry.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I get heartburn really bad with my pregnancies too. Judd always makes a comment (or two... or three) about how many Tums we go through. Sweet rewards in the end though, right?
yes, i was quite happy when i could sleep through the night again. Oh, wait, then there was a baby, well, at least that permanent cotton in my throat was gone. and the taste of tums nearly made me vomit by the end. i feel your pain. i empathize. complain on.
ha ha ha ha ha--glad to not be experience that right now. I am sorry, maybe you should buy stock in their companies
Well...I am sorry to hear that you have to eat so many tums!! I have never suffered with heartburn with any of my pregnancies I guess I should consider myself very lucky!!
But, I do get cramps in my legs really, really, bad (charlie horses) they always happen in the middle of the night too!!
I completely relate to the peeing and tums. Remember it all to fondly!!
Post a Comment