Friday, February 20, 2009

Because I Should be Cleaning

Since my house is so in need of a deep cleaning, I thought I'd give you all an update. Last week we went for a little trip to Alabama. We did lots of stuff, but the kids were supremely excited about going to the beach. I can't say I blame them. Fresh off a nice ice storm in Arkansas, the beach was delightful -even if it was only 70 degrees, windy and overcast.

Peter was hands down the warmest person on the beach. Ryan was a contender until a seagull pooped on his jacket. Not the sort of souvenir anyone was going for.


As soon as we got there I had the feeling there would be at least one cold water rescue. Cold, I tell you! And, you might have guessed a wave knocked Alex right over when noone was looking. Luckily I was right there and scooped him up before really having to play lifeguard. Dad was on the beach documenting the hazards of a winter trip to the beach on a yellow flag day. Poor Alex. He turned a neat shade of purple after this though! And he still wanted to build a sand castle.


Did I mention it was windy? Trying to brush through her hair after this was akin to torture.




Turns out it was more fun to fling sand back into the water than to actually build with it.

Sand makes great angels. Lots and lots of them.

So, that was our trip to the beach. Sand, water, wind, poop.

Good times.

5 comments:

amanda said...

Kudos to you for going to the beach. I decided that I don't like it anymore. apparently I am also no longer any fun. I am glad to see ryan sporting the baby sling. I think more men should do that. I think babies make men look really attractive and I guess that's a sign of me being "mature" which I assure you I am not. It's good I thought babies just made boys look awkward when I was a teen, or I would have doubted my maturity.

Jessie said...

I love the beach looks like tons of fun! But, I like saving the beach for when it is warm...:)
Poor Ryan no one likes to be pooped on.
Do you like the baby sling? I don't have one and have been told I need one. I use the carrying pouch thingy.

Ginger said...

Why does our family always somehow end up back at poop?????

I have been pooped upon at the beach as well. By a kid though, not a seagull.

We enjoyed you guys being here, miss ya'll and are looking forward to you coming again in June. Maybe we'll head to the beach with ya'll then?

Scott, Melinda, and the boys said...

Can't believe you only told your beach story... there's so much more to last week... family, pets, portraits, food, SWEET MEAT (which I really liked! ate it again on sunday), card games, kareoke, Rock Band, Mountainbiking...
Great seeing you guys! Please keep us updated on Ryan's employment situation. Can't wait till june!

Jessica said...

Scott - I was just getting started. Can't tell about a whole week all at once. This was all I had time to do yet. It's been a weird week, and Ryan still has a job!