Lately, I've had some unanswered questions about life. Not biggies, but little, nagging things that keep me from fully focusing on what's really important. Like the never ending pile of laundry or figuring out how to get Alex to pee in the toilet, not on the toilet.
So, while I'm not expecting answers to these questions, I thought I'd just put them out there. Turn them over to the universe so I can sleep at night, you know? So, Universe, if you are a blog reader, here ya go. . .
First of all, last weekend, when that person did that thing that really made me mad (come on, Universe, you know who, what, and when. . .), what should I have done? Cause I did that thing I do when I'm shocked and angry at the same time; you know, where I basically say nothing and then brood for days afterward. And it hasn't been that satisfying. I've been replaying it in my mind, and I think if I had it to do over again, I might open up a can of trailer park on her. You know what I mean? But then, would that have made me feel worse? I just can't decide. One of these days I'm going to try it out, and then I'll know.
Also, Universe, I have lost 23 pounds, and not one person (who didn't already know I was working on it) has noticed. I get that it's not drastic, but it was hard, and I'm secure enough in my shallowness to admit that my ego is feeling strained. And I'm neurotic enough to admit that if someone were to notice now, I'd just think it was because they read my blog and felt like they should say something. Do you think it's time I started on some crazy meds?
And another thing, why am I feeding my kids? They are always hungry right up until the minute dinner hits the table, and then they're suddenly full. Unless dinner is chicken nuggets or hot dogs, of course. So, would it be so wrong to only feed them once a day? So much time and energy (not to mention food) wasted!
Oh, and what color shoes should I wear with a yellow dress? Can I even wear yellow?
This was fun. Let's do it again soon.
4 comments:
Congratulations on losing 23 lbs, that is a big accomplishment. I think people don't always say what they are thinking esp w/ weight b/c it can be a touchy subject. What if you hadn't lost weight, but someone said something, you would feel dumb, am I right?
Also, you would look great in yellow! And I like purple or turqouise with yellow a lot.
If I were there, and had seen you, I think I would have noticed your weight loss. I could use about a 23 lb weight loss myself! Tell how you're doing it! I just love reading your thoughts...you crack me up.
Yes, I am becoming disenchanted with dinner and just feeding people in general, too. Usually because on the wild occasion that I actually spend a lot of time making something, Tom ends up studying late at the school and Caleb is happy just eating cheerios. Nice.
And I totally think yellow works for you. And I think depending on the dress, yellow shoes would look great. I am a fan of dark browns and yellow, too. Just my two cents.
Alissa, I am sure you would have noticed, too. Your comments were always so kind! I really wish your family still lived here!!
Courtney, you know, oddly enough, people often ask me if I've lost weight when I haven't. Sometimes because I've changed my hair or put on more makeup than normal. And sometimes when I'm in the middle of gaining weight! And that's never been awkward for me. I just say no, but I wish! Oh well. I really am doing it for me, so it's ok that it's not that obvious. It's just one of those funny things.
Post a Comment