And it's technically not even out til 3pm today.
But still, you know what I meant.
Or maybe you don't.
Maybe you're better at getting kids to and from school than I am, and it doesn't mean as much to you to have the break.
Or maybe your kids aren't in school yet, and you're still enjoying leisurely play dates at the park. In that case, you're probably not yet trying to fit in everything you need to do between the hours of 8 and 3 and realizing you can't do it and then just giving up and wasting most of your time in meaningless acts of open and stupid defiance.
Maybe you've never had the experience of realizing your kid forgot something in the car and having to trek into the school with pajamas and no shoes on to take it into the office because you'd rather do that than have to come back.
I'm telling you, school is no fun for moms.
Or it could be just me.
Next year will be an experiment to figure out just that.
We are enjoying our last day as a BCSA family. Next year our kids will attend the public school for which our neighborhood is zoned. We've heard lots of positive things about it, and we have high hopes. It's been suggested to me that perhaps I'm just not a good school mom, and would be better off as a homeschool mom. I really hope this year proves that suggestion wrong because I know I'd be the worst homeschooler ever! Wish us luck!
And now, because I know you're all dying to know how I solved the great cheese debate of yesterday, I will tell you. I got lots of opinions from people on this, and I decided to let Kylie take the girl a small gift and then to also take an extra piece of cheese for her morning snack to share with Jenny. I decided I should bring it up with Kylie to make sure she was fine with that plan, but I also picked up a small gift from Target to let her take if she wanted to. When I talked to her, she told me she'd already given her a stuffed panda from her room and that she would be very excited to also share the cheese with her.Problem solved. And I sent a card with our info so that Kylie and Jenny can hopefully continue to play together even though they will no longer be classmates.
Time to get on with my big plans for a fun, active summer break. More on that to come.
Also, as it's our tenth anniversary on Tuesday, I may be sharing some of our more ridiculous stories.
1 comment:
Glad the cheese and school issues are resolved for now. And I'm looking forward to the embarrassing Ryan stories next week! Congrats on making it to 10 years.
Post a Comment