If you know me even a little bit, you know I'm a bit of an underachiever; except when it comes to procrastinating, that is. I am a great procrastinator, if I may say so myself. To give you a few examples, I intended to change my last name when we got married - about 7 and a half years ago - but I still haven't. (I know, I know! Let's just move on. . . .) I intended to mail my sister the book she left here this summer and my other sister a package about 3 months ago, but I ended up just sending them both home with my parents Saturday morning. (Free postage!) Along the same lines, I have intended to send out Christmas cards each year, but I never do. Well, to my credit, I actually did send some last year, for the first time, complete with obligatory family-in-front-of-the-Christmas-tree photo. (Said photo resulted in a bit of un-Christmas-like language and a few hours of marital estrangement. Is it really worth all that?) So, having acheived a seven year goal of actually sending cards, I thought I would out-do myself this year by doing a letter, a photo, and a card. Well, here it is Christmas Eve, and it hasn't happened. I was waiting for Peter to come so we could send out a picture with him in it. And we did take one. Friday night. We gave up after a few attempts at a good one. Before any fighting broke out this time. My dad did it for us. But he didn't go so far as to then print out 30 or so copies and stick them into cards with letters and addresses and stamps. Rude.
So, here's making up for it without the stamps and envelopes. I'll try harder next time. Oh, and I never did write that letter, so I won't be posting a copy. Maybe I'll work on that and post it later. We did kind of have an exciting year, and some of it's worth telling. Not that I haven't told most of it on here already.
Here's my point: Merry Chirstmas to you and yours from mine and me. We wish you all the best of the season this Christmas, mostly the peace that comes from Jesus Christ as we find ways to celebrate His birth this time of year.
Love to All from Jess, Ryan, Kylie, Alex, and Peter
2 comments:
Meery Christmas!! I HAVE to come visit you when I get back into town!! I loved the post. It is sooooo true about the caos that pictures make!
Hey Jess and Ryan,
Peter is so beautiful- can't wait to me him! Is it true ya'll are coming down during M.G.? Give us the details and oh, yea, you know I understand all about the Christmas card thing- married 12 yrs w/ only 2 yrs of cards to show for it. It's been hard to top the funny cards we made when we did send them out, so I just end up w/ some kind of creative anxiety and can't create. Maybe next year will be better- we can start making them in June on a time line. Happy New Year! We love and miss you guys. MEL.
Post a Comment