I have a lot to say. Usually I could write several blog posts every day, but I'm also very neurotic. I worry that may be a bit much. I try to only post twice a week at most because I don't want anyone to know how really narcissistic I am. Cat's out of the bag now, I suppose. Sometimes I'll have a thought when I'm in the shower or driving or in the parking lot at Wal-Mart, and I think, "Hey, I'm going to blog about that later." And then I never do. And then I see my sad little blog when I stalk everyone else's and think, "Hmm. I should write something today. But I don't have anything to write about." But that's not true. The trouble is that I think of so much stuff to write about that I can never sort them all out or decide which thing I want to write about first, and then I lose track of my thoughts before I ever get them written. (I know, Scott, there is medicine for this!) So, here are a few things I think I might blog about in the future:
New Year's Resolutions - yeah, I haven't made them yet, but can I make them late if I promise that "stop procrastinating" will top the list?
Weird, random things I find when I do the laundry - Who keeps chopsticks in their pockets anyway?
I can always find enough forks, but never enough spoons - Why?
Control issues and the price I'm paying now
Maternity clothes - equal parts horror and joy
Funny/odd/inappropriate things the kids say
The power this blog has over my husband. Ex: "Ryan, you're starting to irritate me, and if you're not careful I'm going to blog you about (insert embarrassing thing here)."
More things that bother me, like my kids' habit of choosing to poop in the bathroom where I'm showering, or people who don't think I'm funny.
I used to be (or think I was) cool, but I forgot how.
I think I have OCD. And ADD. Don't those medicines make you lose weight?
I've been a Mormon all my life, but I only met my good friend Funeral Potatoes 3 years ago. . . How can this have happened, and can I really resist making up for lost time?
FaceBook - am I really up for it? Staying non-commital for now
My dilemma about black people and NorthWest Arkansas
Proposed blog protocol - leave a comment now and again, you know?
My insane landlord - really, really, insane
I'm not THAT southern, but I WILL bless your heart!
Ok, that's about it for now. I know there's more I've been meaning to write about, but that should keep me at it for a while. So, now you know.
So, for now I just have to report on my first day back in the real world after Peter was born. Yes, it's been a month, but not a normal one. First, my parents were here for 2 weeks taking the kids to school and picking them up, helping with dinner, dishes, entertainment of children, bedtime, bathtime, letting me take naps, etc. . . . Then Ryan was home some, and then it was Christmas, and then my little brother and his then-girlfriend-now-fiancee visited, and then Ryan took a couple more days off work, and the kids have been out of school, and today it all came to an end. No more out of school, no more working from home or vacation days. Today I was the mother of 3 kids (!) who got her daughter to school on time and showered before she had to return to pick her up. That, to me, spells success. But, on top of that, I have dealt with my 4-year-old,who is mad that preschool didn't start back today, calmly all day (the day ain't over yet, kid, so be careful!), AND I went to an exercise class and didn't pass out. Or die. But I did look pretty ridiculous. More on that later. For now I need to go feed the baby - and it's probably more like butter than milk today cuz mamma shook it in Zumba class - and then we're off to pick up Kylie. I think I might make it after all. But still wish me luck.
1 comment:
I can always count on you for a laugh - even if it's at your expense. :) Enjoy the shake, Peter!
Post a Comment