Monday, January 12, 2009

The Child May be onto Something

I assumed it was pretty cold when Alex, Pete, and I left the house to go buy Kylie a t-shirt. She needed it for art class at 1:40. I got it there at 1:32, and it just so happened that by that time, the weather no longer warranted the puffy jacket Alex was wearing. Still, he was wearing a puffy jacket. He wears it all the time, but this time it was apparently changing his bodily appearance. I hear a noise from his seat, and he says:

"Mommy, my jacket is making my stomach look fat."

"Huh?"

"My jacket is making my stomach look fat. I keep hitting it [that's the noise I heard], but it keeps being puffy. It makes my stomach look fat."

We're stopping at a red light now, so I look back to make sense of this. His seat belt is causing his jacket to bunch up above it. He's hitting it where it bulges, and it's not giving him the desired effect.

"Oh. Sorry."

"Yeah, but if my stomach looks fat, Kylie will think I'm fat."

Hm. I think my jacket is doing it to me, too, now that you mention it. But it is kind of cold outside, so I just have to wear one and look fat. Can't be helped this time of year. And I hear it may be a cold summer.

Stupid jackets.

1 comment:

April V said...

i were several "jackets" all the time...