Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Hello Pile. Stay Awhile.

Since the baby came, I've been a little spoiled with naps nearly every day. There had only been a day or two I was really without another adult in the house until Monday, and that was the day my napping ceased. I still planned to take one, even with Alex and Pete here, but I didn't get around to it. Yesterday, though, I thought I'd for sure get a nap. Preschool was back in session, and I can trick a baby into sleeping, but I didn't get around to it. Today I am looking around and seeing a house that is full of stacks that need to be dismantled, the last few Christmas tidbits that need to be put away, laundry filling up my couch that needs to be resorted (yes I had already done it once, but it unsorted itself) and put away, more laundry that needs to be ironed and hung, recycling stuff that needs to go uot rather than hang out by the front door, bathroom trash cans that need to be emptied, a few loads of towels and unmentionables needing to be washed, my hair needing the pool water shampooed away, 3 bedrooms that could use a little tidying (more than a little if we're talking about mine!), and sweeping and vacuuming needing to be performed in every room. But guess what? Those piles are going to have to wait. Today is the day of the nap. That's right. I have to pick Alex up in a few hours, but until then, nothing will be done. Baby is sleeping, and so am I. Life is good.

Please don't call my house for at least 3 hours unless someone is dying.

1 comment:

Jessie said...

You sound just like me and the if there is a way I will find one in order to take a nap!! Even if I have 50 piles of housework to do!