Saturday, January 17, 2009

Blogiversary

This weekend Ryan is out of town. He's gone to Dallas for a charity weekend called We Are Microsoft. Basically, it's an event organized by Microsoft each year (last year was the first year), and the point is for area computer nerds to donate their services to deserving charities who have applied for some needed help. The nerds convene for the weekend and create, update, or revamp the charities' websites free of charge. Ryan went last year and loved it, so when he got the chance to go again this year, he was ready. The reason I'm telling you all this is because it marks my first blogging birthday. Last year around this time I had been considering the blogging thing as a way to update relatives and close friends who live far away. I thought I'd be posting lots of pictures of the kids and things like that. Then Ryan came home telling me about his trip and these nerds over at geekswithblogs.net who interviewed him for their blog. So I thought that if the nerds are blogging, I should be blogging. And here we are. It turns out I'm not so good about family updates and pictures, but I'm enjoying my blog even if you've been disappointed. I thought I'd honor my one year mark by reposting my very first post. It also happens to be one of my all time favorites. Well, here's the link anyway:
http://magwellmusings.blogspot.com/2008/01/nerd-conventionuh-i-meant-we-are.html
Enjoy!

2 comments:

amanda said...

I love your blog and it makes me happy. Thankyou for all of your witty comments and hilarious version of events. You have at least one faithful reader in AL.

Laura said...

Even though you were starting this as a way to update on the kids - I love the blog just the way it is!! If I am ever having a bad day i can just come to your blog and laugh and laugh and then I feel better. You are the best!