Friday, January 9, 2009

Today Alex and I spent an exciting hour and a half grocery shopping (from a list - can you believe it?) before going to pick up Kylie from school. On the way from Wally to the pick up line, we chatted. I pretty much let him be in charge, because even if I tried to be in charge of our little chats, he takes over. He's the king of non-sequitur. Can't imagine where that comes from.
Anyway, we were talking about who-knows-what when this conversation happened:

"Mom, my saying 'I love you' days are over!"

Now, I ask you, where did this idea come from? "Excuse me, Alex?" I inquire.

"I said, my saying 'I love you' days are over. And, tomorrow, my kissing days are over."

"Oh, so I better get all the kisses I want from you today, huh?"

"Yeah, cuz tomorrow my kissing days are over. But any day my hugging days are not going to be over."

"Oh. So, you're done saying 'I love you,' and you'll be done kissing after today, but you'll still hug forever. Is that right?"

"Yes."

"Hmm. We'll see about that, little boy."

He giggles a little at that.

"Hey Mommy?"

"Yeah?"

"Well, you know what I said about those 2 loving things? I was just kidding about those two things. My saying 'I love you' days and kissing days are not going to be over."

"That's what I thought."

And with that, we moved on to more pressing matters. Like dinosaurs and the moon and stuff.

3 comments:

Katie Rod said...

ha ha! What a funny little guy. I was expecting him to throw in a "That's not funny!" phrase, but maybe next time.

Jessie said...

Kids are so funny!!

Scott, Melinda, and the boys said...

Almost as good as: "I crapped in my pants"... "OK, I crapped in my underwear..."
Keep a log of all the funny stuff Alex says and you'll make money off of the book... You can title it: "Funny quotes from my alien offspring"

Kiddin'

When, exactly, are y'all coming down? Can't wait.