Remember how I told you I'm a great mom?
Yeah, because I got up at 5am to sign the kids up for swim lessons? And because I so expertly handled the first couple days of Spring Break? You must remember now.
Well, now it's time for a little confession. I suffer from bit of half-assery. (I also have a pet swear word of late. Don't judge.)
So, the way this swim lesson bit works is that you have to sign them up early, and that holds your spot. Then you have to pay for the classes within the week. You can do it right then, over the phone when you are finished getting signed up. I reasoned that I'd just pay in person since we go to the gym several times a week anyway. And then I got back in bed, slept til the alarm or the baby or Ryan woke me up again, and I forgot about it. And then I remembered. 30 minutes too late. Because, as you might have realized by now, I didn't pay in person. Turns out the kids decided to take turns having strep or pink eye or something else disgusting that week, and we didn't go to the gym. The moral of the story: I lost their spots in swim classes. And, no, they do not make exceptions for procrastinating, disheveled moms of sick kids. (A lot of people do.) Next time I'll stay on the line an extra five minutes to pay.
Oh, and Spring Break? Well, Monday was great. Freddy Fusion and all of that. Instant, free, fun, entertainment! And this place had a whole week of it planned out. Friday was the Mad Scientist show. You had to show up early to get tickets, but I even had that covered. We were going to have friends pick them up for us when they went for the 10am show, and we were going to go to the 3pm show. Only I forgot to ask my friend ahead of time, and guess what? I don't know where I might have her cell phone number. So, no Mad Scientist show for us. But it was cool. The kids had forgotten all about it anyway. Or so I thought, but they of course brought it up later. Why can't they be forgetful like their parents?
So, since I'm feeling kind of in the mood for compensating (not that I'd need to, of course), and since I so rarely post any photos and maybe should do that more often (like I always say I will . . . my apologies to the in-laws . . . ), I thought I'd share a few fun memories with you all of our very own mad scientist show. These are from our recent trip to Alabama. We spent a few days at my parents' house in February and took the kids to nerd it up with my little brother (the somewhat hairy specimen in these photos) where he works doing research for his masters degree. The kids both fancy themselves scientists, so they loved this. Sadly, the camera battery was dying, so I didn't get pictures of the kids holding the snake, though they both actually did.
Well, now it's time for a little confession. I suffer from bit of half-assery. (I also have a pet swear word of late. Don't judge.)
So, the way this swim lesson bit works is that you have to sign them up early, and that holds your spot. Then you have to pay for the classes within the week. You can do it right then, over the phone when you are finished getting signed up. I reasoned that I'd just pay in person since we go to the gym several times a week anyway. And then I got back in bed, slept til the alarm or the baby or Ryan woke me up again, and I forgot about it. And then I remembered. 30 minutes too late. Because, as you might have realized by now, I didn't pay in person. Turns out the kids decided to take turns having strep or pink eye or something else disgusting that week, and we didn't go to the gym. The moral of the story: I lost their spots in swim classes. And, no, they do not make exceptions for procrastinating, disheveled moms of sick kids. (A lot of people do.) Next time I'll stay on the line an extra five minutes to pay.
Oh, and Spring Break? Well, Monday was great. Freddy Fusion and all of that. Instant, free, fun, entertainment! And this place had a whole week of it planned out. Friday was the Mad Scientist show. You had to show up early to get tickets, but I even had that covered. We were going to have friends pick them up for us when they went for the 10am show, and we were going to go to the 3pm show. Only I forgot to ask my friend ahead of time, and guess what? I don't know where I might have her cell phone number. So, no Mad Scientist show for us. But it was cool. The kids had forgotten all about it anyway. Or so I thought, but they of course brought it up later. Why can't they be forgetful like their parents?
So, since I'm feeling kind of in the mood for compensating (not that I'd need to, of course), and since I so rarely post any photos and maybe should do that more often (like I always say I will . . . my apologies to the in-laws . . . ), I thought I'd share a few fun memories with you all of our very own mad scientist show. These are from our recent trip to Alabama. We spent a few days at my parents' house in February and took the kids to nerd it up with my little brother (the somewhat hairy specimen in these photos) where he works doing research for his masters degree. The kids both fancy themselves scientists, so they loved this. Sadly, the camera battery was dying, so I didn't get pictures of the kids holding the snake, though they both actually did.

Chris would probably say this is Kylie showing us a turtle carapace. I'm calling it "Kylie and a dead turtle on a day she didn't brush her hair."
My snake-handlin' mama. Still spicy at 60!


2 comments:
The kids are so cute!! I HATE SNAKES!!! I'm shaking right now just looking at the pictures!
Doesn't it feel good to come clean?? Just playin..you are a great mom!!
The brought a snake to nursery one day and Davis LOVED it!! He held the snake and everything. I was so amazed that he wasn't screaming!!
Post a Comment