non·com·mit·tal (-kə mit′'l)
adjective
not committing one to any point of view or course of action
not revealing one's position or purpose
I'd say that pretty much sums me up. I'm usually a bit of a fence sitter, and it's hard for me to make decisions because I spend so much time debating myself inside my head. Pros and cons and what ifs and the like. All floating around up there making it a little hard to think most of the time.
I'm telling you that so you won't give me a hard time, and I'm worried you'll give me a hard time because I made the blog public again. Not that I ever wanted it to be private really. I just wanted to be careful. But then I realized that what I had in mind was a bit much for me. It meant deciding (deciding!!!) on blog names for everyone in the family, then going back and editing every single entry to replace real names with fake ones. (And what about my extended family? Do they get fake names, too?) Then making a habit of writing posts with the new fake names. Then worrying about whether you all would use real names when commenting. Also, it occurred to me that if anyone really wanted to know who we were (cuz we're real important, you know) they could go to one of your blogs off mine and maybe find references to us (again, cuz we're so important that you all talk us up online all the time) , and that's when I realized that this whole private/anonymous blog idea ain't gonna fly with me. Nope. I found it to be an exercize in futility in the end.
So, excuse the flip-flopping. And forgive me for saying "flip-flopping." I really grew tired of hearing that word, if indeed it is a word, over the course of the last 2 presidential elections (about which I openly admit I was also terribly noncommittal).
So, read away, one and all. Friend and stranger. Just not creeps or pervs please.
8 comments:
Slight problem Jess....what if your friends and relatives ARE the creeps and pervs.....
hehehe
Good, you were making me feel like I should do it and I didn't want to do it and now I don't feel like I have to. Just kidding. I will read your blog no matter its status. So long as I have eyes to read. Oh, I have a good creep story for you, but maybe this isn't the venue.
I am happy as well...I was starting to wonder about putting my blog private again. But, reading this post makes me feel better!!
by the way...I think you want your blog to go private for a "certain" reason that you are not admitting! Do you get my drift?
Jessie - I'm not exactly sure what you're getting at, but I'm sure that I'm innocent of whatever it is. Wait, maybe,. . . I don't know!
That is the exact same thing that I did. So I empathize! It was all a bit too much.
Welcome back! Although..I was still stalking you like lovestruck 12 year old girl.
Creepy? Perhaps.
maren - i think i can handle that kind of creepy.
haha...yeah sometimes I see that people from random countries around the world on my sitemeter thing. I certainly don't think I'm THAT popular, but you never know...And you have a tag on my blog (check it out!).
Post a Comment