Thursday, May 8, 2008

It's cool to be constipated now?

Yeah, so I'm waiting on my husband to get home from work, and I'm watching the no-brainer news. That means I get to see the American Idol update. I don't watch AIregularly by any means, but I have caught bits and pieces here and there. I get how it works, and I'm not dead, so I have heard of the people involved this season. So, I take it the dred-head flubbed a Dylan song and got kicked off. Whatever. I saw the video today. I've listened to quite a lot of Bob Dylan over the years. Can you really fault the guy? Maybe it was a tribute rather than a flub.....you can never understand Dylan. He probably doesn't know most of his own lyrics. Still, the guy's gone, and that's not my issue. I really don't know too much about the ones who are left, but here's what I've got......There's a chick left with an odd name. Have never heard her sing, but I know she's still there. There's a young guy left, and apparently he's Mormon, so I'm guessing John McCain and Mike Huckabee will probably conspire to get him kicked off somehow. So, then there's this "rocker" dude. Last name Cook I think. I HAVE heard this guy sing. I have to say I don't get it. Why is he still around? Every syllable I've heard this guy "sing" has sounded as if it's coupled with the hope of imminent bowel movement. Is it just me? Is that what popular music sounds like now? How can you tell what this guy's voice is like with all the pushing behind it? Someone please explain.....

1 comment:

Ginger said...

Jess,
dont you know, all cool people are constipated! I agree...i cant stand to watch or hear him sing. He has the look that he might just pop one out right there on stage. But, the mormon kid, he squints and licks his lips a lot. So I guess we get to pick between a need-to-pooper, a licker-squinter, and a girl with an odd name.