Friday, May 23, 2008

Mostly Obligatory

Well, Ryan looked me up last night and was sad that I hadn't posted anything in a week, so here we go. I'm trying, but I really don't have much to say. It's been a fairly uninteresting week. I'm still quite tired most of the time. I'm ready for that to be over. I'd like to get excited about having a baby, but I can't spare the energy. The nausea has gotten WAY better. I've even started making dinner again, and I'm sure everyone is glad. Not that I'm some spectacular cook, but even 4 and 5 year olds get tired of fast food after a while. I've started to catch up a little on a lot of deferred house work. I'm sure I'll never be caught up, but that's no different than before really. I found Alex a preschool this week. That was a major accomplishment. Now I have to make sure I send them his paperwork before I lose his spot to other kids. We popped in on their last day, and the teacher invited Alex to join the other kids. He played and was so excited. We stayed through their whole morning routine, and he did great. So now I won't need to worry about how he'll do in the fall. I think he'll be excited, and he's even met his teacher. Kylie has just a couple weeks left at her pre-k and is all set for big girl school in the fall. She will be going to a charter school close to where we live, and several of her friends and classmates from church will also be attending there, so we're all happy about that. The kids are both finishing up swim lessons, and they both did great, but I waited too long and missed out on getting them spots for the next round of classes. Oops! I was hoping to build on the momentum we had going. Oh well! Maybe someone will drop out and I can get them in. Kylie's dance classes are also winding up. She has her rehearsal next Friday and the recital on Saturday. Unfortunately the company we ordered costumes from flubbed them and we still don't have the recital costumes and so haven't gotten any pictures yet. I was looking forward to seeing her in the costume. Now we won't get them until the day before, if at all. She's 5 and probably doesn't care nearly as much as I do. I'll be sure to post a picture when we do get them though. I'm hoping that after this we can move on to tumbling or something that requires a little less in the rythm department. Oh, I got an orchid a few weeks ago and thought I had killed it in record time. It usually takes me a couple months, but this one looked to be a goner pretty fast. But I see signs of new growth, and that makes me happy. I know, noone cares, but think of how discouraging it is to kill a flower while you're trying to grow a human. I mean, come on, if I can't get enough light and water to a plant.....I am a little worried. My big kids are largely self-sufficient at this point, and I think I'm going to have to be retrained for the nurturing role when a baby arrives.
We had a few other mundane goings-on this week, but I'm bored with this for right now, so I'm signing off. Just wanted to keep my "fans" satiated. I'll write again when I'm feeling more inspired, or clever or sarcastic. Oh, and feel free to leave me a comment every month or so! Big girls need attention too!

No comments: