I love my family. I really do, but at the moment I'm a little irritable. I'm going to say I can't really help it. Maybe I can help it some, but which of you wants to say so and cross a cranky pregnant lady? So, here's what's bothering me today. . . .
If I take a sip of water, I have to pee. So, all day long, I'm visiting the toilet. That gets tiring, but I get it. Just part of the baby growing process, and I shouldn't complain. But I do have a valid complaint. I have recently made the bathroom in my bedroom off limits to my children, for more than one reason. Kylie likes to poop in the nearest bathroom when it's time for her to go, and she has some odd bathroom skills. Her body creates the heaviest, densest turds you've ever heard of. They sink right to the bottom on impact, and it takes more than a low-flow flush to get them sliding. Not only that, but she apparently is afraid to fall in. When we're out someplace, she makes me hold her hand so she won't fall in, but at home, she's fine alone; however, she won't sit back far enough. She perches on the edge, so these clay-turds (which are not only super heavy but also incredibly smelly!) hit the bowl before there's any water involved. So, what you have to do when she lays one like this is flush and pray for days or scrape it down with something. Now, she had gotten into a habit of running to my bathroom and doing it while I was in the bath trying to relax. So, we had to tell her that under no circumstances was she allowed to make #2 in our bathroom. Alex is a much more sensible pooper, but his peepee habits are making me nuts. This is where my real problem is coming in. When I taught him to pee on the toilet, I taught him to do it sitting down so we didn't have any aiming issues to deal with, but he knew big boys do it standing up, so he didn't go for that for long. Trouble is that he's a little short-legged, making him about waist high to the toilet. Still, he's clever. For a while he would stand on his toes so he could have some aiming leverage, but he devised a better method. Now he just stands flat-footed and rests his boy equipment on the toilet seat to pee. Works for him, but occasionally it causes a puddle of pee to form right where he was resting it. Sometimes he'll clean that up, but normally he's too focused on getting back to transforming or something else way more important than bathroom sanitation, so he leaves it. Luckily, I've been fairly successful about getting them to only use the hallway bathroom, so as long as I go to my own potty, I'm all good. No foul odors, no left over kids in the pool, and no peepee seats. Except that I'm in there about 30 times every day right now, and sometimes I just do like Kylie and go to the closest bathroom. About 4 or 5 times in the last week I have gone to the wrong throne at the wrong time and plopped right down on Alex's generous leftovers. And THAT is what is bothering me today. I'm sick and tired of sitting in a 4 year old's pee. I'm thinking of getting a private apartment until I'm in a better mood. Maybe just for 4 or 5 years. Maybe more.
5 comments:
hum...Diapers are sounding better every minute.
I am not really looking forward to the whole potty training thing with Davis and your post isn't helping matters.
But, I was reading back through some of your posts and Congrats on the your little bambino!! I am very excited to hear that you are having another :)
How exciting for you guys....keep up the good work :)
I'm with you - there is nothing worse than sitting in left over pee! An apartment sounds better and better each day! :)
My husband keeps asking me what I'm laughing at. Your post was so funny to me because I can easily visualize it. Thanks for the laugh.
it doesn't get any better.. you probably should look at a longer lease on that apartment...
Post a Comment