Saturday, October 11, 2008

Proof He's Lost It


I've been thinking my husband was going crazy now for a while, and today he confirmed that for me. At 5 this morning he got out of bed, spandexed up, and left the house for a 100 mile bike ride. Yep. 100. He's ridden 50 recently and been just fine. This particular ride had 3 options. He could ride 20, 50, or 100 miles. When he started all this riding, he thought he'd do 20 miles today. He soon figured out that wouldn't be challenging, so he decided to do 50. Then a friend who started riding around the same time decided to do 100 instead of 50. We thought he was nuts at first, but as it got closer and closer, Ryan started to think about giving it a shot too. Finally he decided to register for 100, but as late as last night he wasn't sure he'd actually do the whole thing. He said he'd turn around if he felt tired. I got a call this morning, and he was past the turn around point and feeling great! The last half was much harder, riding against the wind and feeling pretty tired. Right now, he's finished the ride and has crashed hard on the couch. He looked like he was going to puke at the finish line, but he was happy to see us all there cheering him on, and we think he did great. Thanks to Joel and Lynar and their families. Joel and Lynar were Ryan's riding buddies, and their wives and kids kept Kylie, Alex, and me company while we waited. A good time was had by all. And special thanks to Kylie who was a good sport about Daddy riding all day long on her birthday. She at least got to go out for pizza while he rode, and she was pretty happy about that. The picture is one from a local newspaper. The guy on the left in bright orange is Ryan. Good job, Ryan!

5 comments:

April V said...

way to go ryan... that's great..

Scott, Melinda, and the boys said...

That's awesome!!! Now, Much water, stretch and rub the lactic acid out of them muscles... oh yeah, bananas, and some electrolyte replacement... proteins/amino acids to repair worn/torn muscles...
That's awesome though!!!!
Tell Kylee happy birthday!

Jessie said...

I can't tell you how impressed I am! That is so awesome! It is nice to find an excerise that you somewhat enjoy too!!

Jen said...

I'm surprised you didn't mention the 2 hour wait at the corner of nowhere! Alissa asked me if we were stranded??? No, just crazy trying to keep all the kids out of the road while waiting for the guys to come past the corner! Crazy!!! I'm glad that they made it in one piece!

amanda said...

I did the unthinkable and tagged you. I am about to taunt Collin with Ryan's accomplishment and see if he wants to do it. I am sure he will not be moved.