Friday, October 31, 2008

Alex says....

Alex is, at times, the most serious kid I've ever been around. Other times he can be pretty silly. Today I was thinking of some of the things he's said to me lately. These were each said while he was being totally serious.

Alex in the car while passing a cow field: "Mom, did you know cows have pink handles on their tummies so the people can get the milk out?"

Alex in the car sounding very irritated because the sun was in his eyes: "Mom, I wish Jesus never did put that sun up in the sky!"

Alex in the car on the way to pick up Kylie from school. I had said something to him about having accidentally done something, and this was his reply: "I can't say that."
Me, puzzled: "You can't say what, Alex?"
Alex, with perfect pronunciation: "I can't say accidentally."
Me: "You just did say accidentally."
Alex, surprised: "Oh, yeah! Well, one time before, I couldn't say accidentally."

The kid is accidentally funny sometimes. But don't laugh, because he doesn't think so.

2 comments:

Jessie said...

What a smart little boy and a funny one as well!
Hey, when is your due date? It is this month isn't it?

Scott, Melinda, and the boys said...

He sure is a cute little alien!!!