So, today is election day. Yesterday I was thinking how nice it would be when it's all over. Today I'm wondering what I'll do tonight. See, my routine is to put kids to bed and then let my brain shut down slowly with the help of the TV. Even if I'm reading a book or cleaning up the kitchen after dinner or ironing Ryan's clothes for the week, I'm usually halfway following something on TV at night from 8-10. Ryan says I'm addicted to having the TV on and he makes fun of me, but I blame it mostly on him. This is a habit I started when he was working full time and in school and never walked through the door before 10 (usually later). I would occupy myself with the TV for company (after a day with the kids I needed to at least there were other adults in the room!)before going to bed alone. Now it's just what I do. He still works late more often than I'd like, so it's hard for me to break the habit, even though half the time there is nothing on worth watching. Anyway, tonight there is going to be a media storm of campaign coverage, and I really don't want to hear most of it. Kylie already predicted for me that "Rocko Robama is going to be the new president." I think it's pretty telling that (though she slaughters the name) she has much much greater name and image recognition with him than John McCain. Don't you just love the unbiased media in this country? Over the past year I've grown to particularly despise Barbara Walters. She may be my new Oprah. (I also despise Oprah by the way, but now I mostly disregard her.) Anyway, feel free to reccommend a good movie for me to rent tonight. I have yet another large pile of laundry to hack away at while I watch.
Happy Election Day. May the best liar win!
5 comments:
Forget election Day! It's Tuesday Folder Day!
Get ready to give away a little bit of your liberties. If your prayers haven't been sincere, they soon WILL be. John McCain was not particularly THE answer, but he was the "buy our time" candidate... once Obama gets sworn in we will be ever closer to socialistic doom!!! Nazi Germany was not changed by Hitler alone, it was changed through the people via the totalitarian party arising from the liberal left... a party know as the National Socialist German Worker's Party, a perfect segway that was elegantly presented to the poeple and they accepted it hook, line and sinker until their own rights were taken away, then they were inprisoned, starved and killed if they did not fully comply with or expressed any views or ideas that opposed the regime. I really hope that we can avoid this fate!!! I find it very scary that the general public of our country is so star struck that they can't even see the writing on the wall... just think about it, Obama gets to appoint 2 new supreme court justices, congress is now and will be a liberal majority... all I can say is CLING TO YOUR RELIGION AND YOUR GUNS!!!!
Feeling much better now. Thanks Scott.
glad I could help.
I don't know who Scott is, but I totally agree with him. Too bad the best liar did win with the help of the liberal media. The media kills me! They gave McCain no chance to win with all their terrible "biased" reporting! I just hope that we survive the next 4 years! I better quit before I get myself into trouble!! I'm not happy that's for sure!
Post a Comment