Thursday, November 20, 2008

You Said It!

Don't know if I've mentioned this, but I'll be birthing a baby in about 2 weeks. Tonight my friend Jen threw a baby shower. I was expecting just a few people. It's my 3rd baby, and I already have a boy, so I was thinking just a small get together to celebrate. I think almost everyone I know, and some I don't know very well at all, from NWA showed up. It was fabulous. Thanks, Jen! You're the best!
When we were trying to get prego, there was a rash of babies born around here. Seriously, like 13 in a 9 month period or something like that. I went to just a few of the showers, but Kylie figured out what a baby shower was during that time, and one of the first things she thought of when we told her about this baby was a baby shower. She's been hoping for months, and I had explained to her that she shouldn't expect that. She wanted a baby boy cake and the whole nine. I told her that we would have a welcome baby party at our house with a few friends after the baby was born and I would make a cute cake. That wasn't exactly what she wanted, but it satisfied her NEED for a baby shower. When Jen offered a shower, I decided I would bring Kylie along. I don't tell my kids about things until the last minute. That's because they will make me nutty talking about it if I tell them things in advance. So, I told her this morning there would be a surprise tonight. We got there, and she was thrilled when I told her what was going on. I have to say that it's equal parts fun and awkward to open presents for me, but not for Kylie. She was all over it. I had to calm her down a few times because she began to get very loud without realizing it. The excitement was written all over her face, and it spilled right out of her mouth.
There was also a cute, cute cake. Thanks, Mary Jean. I know how much work that was, and I really appreciate it. Oh, and lots of yummy food. Jen and Tiffany, my butt and thighs thank you for the trifle and cheeseball. I'm sure that the doctor who has to slice through all this in a couple weeks to get to my baby will not second that. Oh well.
On the way home, Kylie was still excited. She told me, "There was cake, and pretzels, and candy, and punch. It's just what a party should be!" You said it, Kylie. Every day should be a party. I'll bring some cheese.

3 comments:

Katie Rod said...

Ha ha! Kylie is so cute. We wish you well these last few weeks and especially those crazy first weeks with a newborn. Can't wait to see him!

Jessie said...

Good luck with the last weeks of pregnancy!!! I can't wait to see some pictures of the little guy!!

Anonymous said...

Yep, that is just exactly what every party should have but you where missing just one key ingredient to a extra fabo time...FONDUE!!! We need to introduce Kylie to the wonderful world of dipping yummy treats into a big vat of warm chocolate~ I think her head might explode!!! (I know mine still does every time I fondue)
Best wishes with your delivery and I cannot wait to welcome another of Ryan's spawn into the world!!!
Miss you load and love you guys even more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Leigh