Monday, September 21, 2009

Dear Monday,

Please try again next week. I'm not taking the bait today, old nemesis.

I know you thought you could get me with the wicked, smelly, clay-like baby poop smeared across my ivory sheets. I'm too cool for that. I had to do laundry today anyway. Plus, I cloth diaper, so the poop is just not bothering me like it once did.

And the leftover weekend mess? Guess what? I'm not that concerned. I'll get to it.

Lack of sleep? That's why they make caffeine, and I'm not afraid to use it.

Clingy baby needing my attention? I introduced him to the chocolate chip yesterday, so I think he'll be good in the high chair for a bit.

(I was rewarded for the chocolate with this face!)

Big to do list with impending deadline? It gets done or it doesn't. I think I've got it under control.

Sorry, Monday, but I think I won this week. The house is quiet, I've actually had a shower, and noone needs my shuttling services until school's out.

Better luck next time.

Jess

1 comment:

Maren said...

Maybe it won't be the same, but I'll smile like that for you if you give me chocolate chips too. Just sayin.