I'm up and about to start getting kids ready for the day, but I thought I'd take a minute to recap my week before things kick into high gear around here. So, here are 5 things that stand out for me this week:
1. I've struggled to figure out if Alex is getting sick all week. He's had a cough which is sometimes better, sometimes worse. I kept him home from school one day, but he seemed better the next. Now he seems to have a painful ear infection. If you need me today, you are likely to find us in the doctor's office.
2. Peter is, for the most part, sleeping through the night on a, for the most part, regular basis. If there was never cause for a "Hallelujah!" in this house, there is now. He has also been pulling up to standing and cruising the furniture for a week now and is beginning to crawl rather than scoot everywhere. He's been a lot of fun this week.
3. I've spent the greater part of my time from school drop off til dinner time each day this week in the car. Can I just tell you how frustrating that is? Hopefully today will be better because I really need to unload/load the dishwasher and washing machine at least once today. And vacuum. And sweep, mop, clean my bedroom, organize the kids' closets, throw away toys while the kids are at school, make a quick trip to the post office and Home Depot, and put a few plants in the ground before they die on my back porch.
4. This weekend at the drive in, the double feature is Transformers followed by Star Trek. Hello! Can you say nerd date? (Anyone feel like kidsitting?) Is it sad that we've talked about going tonight or tomorrow, but the fact that the first movie starts at 8 and the second at 10:30 is causing us to seriously reconsider? I'm not sure we can stay awake.
5. Kylie started back in her yoga class this week, I went to week 2 of my yoga class last night (who knew it was supposed to be exercise?!), and Ryan and Alex signed up for TaeKwon-Do classes. They will start next Tuesday. So everyone has something to do for themselves, and if we can just find the right bike (meaning nice, but cheap) for me and get Kylie to ride on a trail-a-bike, then we can go on family bike rides this fall while the weather is cool. Even Peter has a seat and loves it!
Wish me luck (and no more sick kids) for the weekend.
2 comments:
Here's wishing you Good Luck!! I am tired just READING all the stuff you have to do. I think I will go lay by the pool for a while and gather up enough energy to go in and watch TV. Whew. Can someone bring me a snack?
Sorry to hear Alex is sick again. Hope you can recover some of your day and have a good weekend.
Post a Comment