Thought I'd try it again this week. 5 things that stand out for me from the past week - here we go. . .
1. Ryan spent all day Saturday fixing his car. That really sucked and made for not the most exciting weekend ever, but it also meant that I didn't have to haul him and his accidentally left at home stuff from here to work and back all week if he decided it wasn't a bike day. So, yay!
2. That project that was bugging me last week? Done. Or at least successfully into the next phase. The phase where I do nothing. It's great.
3. Kylie had her first choir performance for the year Tuesday evening. Peter and I went alone since Ryan and Alex had TaeKwonDo that night. The kids all did great. I took Kylie out for pizza and gelato afterward, where I learned not to share chocolate gelato with a baby while wearing white pants (on the day after summer officially ended, I know!).
4. My kids made me really really angry when they pretended to eat their dinner (I made fresh pesto with basil plucked from my garden for crying out loud!), threw it in the trash can, and lied about it so they could have something else to eat. They are still paying for it. Little turds.
5. While volunteering at Kylie's school this week I realized I'm probably never going to be that fun, cool mom I thought I might be one day. Mostly because I am a mean, crabby mom. And, like everything else in my life, I choose to blame that on my mom. It's probably all because of those perms, Mom. And I still reject your "Sorry about the damned perm!" apology from this morning. Lacks sincerity, I think. I mean, I still love you and all, but I believe punitive damages are called for when you mess with a child like that.
How was your week? Anything stand out?
1 comment:
You are hilarious! I love to read your blog...it is so very whitty and I can always relate. By the way, Happy Birthday! I'm reading Rebecca by Daphne Dumaurier and so far it is pretty good. Have you read that one?
Post a Comment