It's that time of the week again.
5 things that stand out for the week are:
1. My kids are out of school, starting today, for Fall Break. They go back to school Oct 12. Today was nearly enough to send me over the edge. Somehow, magically, these children can think of 87 things they urgently need to do when it's time to brush teeth, eat, get dressed, get in the car, go to bed, etc. . . Oh, but when they have an entire day free to do as they please, they get up on time, eat quickly, and can think of nothing at all (except fight and whine) to do to entertain themselves. Where is the justice?
2. I got older. Friday night we celebrated my birthday with good friends and junk food. Sunday was my actual birthday, and it brought presents and more junk food. Then Tuesday I had lunch out with some girlfriends. Not bad for someone who normally ignores birthdays, eh? As it turns out, 30 feels a lot like 29, but this week has been a vivid reminder that I have really awesome friends. Thanks to everyone who helped me celebrate this year, especially those of you who took time to plan, scheme, and coordinate. It really means a lot to me. And, Mom and Dad, thanks for the cards. One for each decade, huh? Clever.
3. Kylie got her first note home from school for talking. This is noteworthy because she rarely gets into trouble at school. In fact, last year she only got one note home the entire year, and it involved mooning. Yes, mooning. In Kindergarten. (If you want to know, I'll tell you, but it also involved another child, and I don't want to tell someone else's story publicly. And to the parents of the other child, my continued apologies. Really.) So, I think we will take our little talking note and roll with it for now. We prefer wagging tongues to bare bottoms for sure.
4. Every Tuesday and Thursday I normally walk an hour or so with my friend Michelle. Then she went and signed up for a spinning class, making me feel inferior. Ryan is also taking a class and has been trying to talk me into it. So, this week, I bit the bullet and started spinning. I hate it, and my butt is angry about it. But we're sticking with it (my butt and me), because 30 year olds are grown ups, and we don't quit just because it sucks. Right? I don't know really.
5. And, as if you haven't heard enough about it, we've spent a lot of time this week preparing for the boys' bike race tomorrow morning. We just got back from the pre-race festivities, and Ryan is in the garage right now getting the bikes ready.
That's what I've got. Anything stand out to you?
3 comments:
Oh I love that comment about Kylie mooning someone. I guess I need to tell you that the behavior may indeed be inherited. I generally try and moon at least one racer or corner worker every event. Since we wear white, and my hiney is white, it is not too shocking. But it has been caught on camera! And by the occasional attentive person in the grandstand.
Four weeks. That is how long until my butt no longer hurts after spinning. It will come. I'm still waiting for the "like it" part to happen. I think that may take like four centuries, but I'm not really one to enjoy exercising.
Glad to know I can blame the bad behavior on the Magnusson genes. Unfortunately, it wasn't as simple as Kylie doing the mooning. She actually talked another kid into mooning on the playground. It started pretty innocently with some giggles over a boy whose pants were falling down b/c they were too big, but it got them both into trouble when the other girl continued to moon until she got caught. It's hard to be 5, you know.
Post a Comment