Monday, October 5, 2009

Greatest Hits: Volume 1

A few minutes ago, I went to rescue a disturbed Peter from Kylie and Alex. They were serenading him with a catchy melody that apparently just came to them out of thin air (the green, gaseous sort that derives from a baby's bottom), and he was not as amused as one might expect. The words were simple, a repeated chorus of "It's so fun to poop in my pants!"
My intention was to scoop up the stinky one and deal with his stink in a quieter place, but once I picked him up, he was happy, and we got stuck in the groove. So much so that I helped the nasty out-of-schoolers flesh out their lyrics a bit. We broadened their potty talk skills with phrases including "duke in my drawers," "my keister's not clean," "dump in my dipe," and more. I can't give you all the lyrics because we're too spontaneous for all of that songwriting business. We're more of a jam band, and we just go where the music takes us. I'm sure you understand.

Oddly I had already spent some time today thinking about the soundtrack of my life. Our I Tunes account is full of favorites, but the songs that go through my head as I go about my day have titles like these:

When We Poop, We Flush
Blame Me When You're Grown
My Room is Not Your Trash Can
You'll Probably Live
That's Not Edible
Just a Fart, You Say
Should We Medicate?
That's a Funny Rash
Say "Ahh" for Soap
'Cause I'm 30 and You're 6

Honestly, if I weren't censoring myself there would be many more gross-bodily-function-oriented titles.

Anything good playing at your house?

No comments: