This weeks' 5 things:
1. Saturday my big boys did their 20 mile Tour de Cure ride. They were great. Pictures to come, I promise. Thank you so much to everyone who contributed by way of encouragement, support, and donations. It was a really cool thing for them to do together.
2. General Conference was last weekend. We only caught the Sunday sessions, but they were fantastic. I am pretty sure noone who saw Elder Holland's talk will ever forget it. If you didn't see it, here is part of it. Even if you're not Mormon, it's totally worth your time if you've ever wondered what makes us tick. Enjoy!
3. I honestly can't remember most of this week, but I am pretty sure I spent over half of it telling my children to stop fighting or that I would gladly clean out their rooms and throw away those mountains of toys if they really can think of nothing to do except fight and bother me. The other parts of the week I can remember were spent discussing (or fighting to avoid discussing) Kylie's birthday party. Good grief! I love the girl, but she is exhausting sometimes. I'll be so happy when her birthday is over. (And I cannot believe she is turning 7!!)
4. I seriously began the weaning debate. It's an internal debate where I alternate feeling guilty and relieved when I think of weaning a child from nursing. When the debate begins, it inevitably ends in the eventual weaning of the baby. And THAT gives me hope. Can I get a Nobel Prize for that? I hear they are giving them out for stuff like that these days. . . .
5. I spent some time on the phone with my mother this week. First I tried guilting her. But she didn't buy my theory that all good grandparents take a week off of work to have their favorite grandkids spend their week out of school with them. Lame. So then I decided I could force the issue by trying to get her fired from her job, so I agreed to help her with a letter to her employer. (Dad - I am kidding. This was totally her idea and unrelated to my trying to pawn my children off on you guys. But, seriously, I think you could handle the diapers.) I knew my parents would one day appreciate my ability to tell you why you suck with impeccable grammar. Mom, I hope you don't get fired, but if you do, Spring Break is yours!
Those were our highlights. Or at least 5 things I can recall this week. Anything good on your end?
1 comment:
I think that you deserve the nobel peace prize. Everyone that breathes has a shot at it, although it's not that impressive of an award anymore, especially since you don't have to really do anything.
Post a Comment