Tuesday, September 23, 2008

After School Blues

Please someone tell me there is some magic elixir for after school boredom, whining, fighting, meltdowns, etc . . . . I am just about at the end of my rope with these two heathens. Seriously, they can go from best friends to mortal enemies in a matter of seconds. Then one of them ineveitably gets physical. They then get into trouble. Then the denials begin. They both are too angelic to do what they may be accused of by the other. Insert a couple clench-jawed threats from me, and let the apologizing and rejection of said apologies begin! That brings on the meltdowns, and we end up with tears in at least one five year old girl's dinner. All this in a language that I really don't even understand because it comes out in WHINES!! Nothing makes me *happier* than whining at the end of the day. On to teeth brushing, bathing and bedtime. I think I was sane once upon a time.

5 comments:

Mark said...

tv? Hee hee.
not kidding.

Maren

Nicole Bolinger said...

no advice to give, but thanks for a look into my future! ;)

Scott, Melinda, and the boys said...

If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Looks like you'll have more chances soon enough. Keep your chin up... Why waste your breath on words... just BEAT 'EM!!!!









joking of course.

Jessie said...

Yeah, really thanks a lot for the what I get to look forward to!! I thought that the terrific twos were bad enough!!!

Jen said...

I was just thinking today about setting up a specific blogg to just get suggestions on how to get your kids to 1. stop whinning, 2. stop fighting, 3. don't hide the truth to be able to go out to play, 4. stop crying, 5. clean up after themselves. etc. etc. etc. I need advice on a lot of things!