Saturday, September 20, 2008

Driven to Distraction

A couple days ago Ryan saw my last post. He thought I was being a little silly. He says to me, laughing, "Why'd you blog me for the fishbowl?" I had to think for a minute. It really wasn't that big a deal, and I never had any intention of cleaning it out, so I couldn't answer him without a moment of reflection, whereupon I realized I missed the whole reason for that story. I was writing about the smell the fish gets to tell a story about Alex, but I got distracted thinking about how to get Ryan to clean it out without giving me any more grief about it. Anyway, Alex was in Kylie's room one day this week and noticed the fish bowl was looking dirty. He came out to tell me, and instead of just saying, "Mommy, Princess's bowl looks gross!" he said, "Mommy, Princess is stinky. And the smell got in my nose. And then I did this (picture him plugging his nose with one hand), and then I did this (picture him waving his free hand in front of his face)!" For the record, you cannot smell Princess unless you pour out the water and get up close and personal, though he probably remembers all the bellyaching Ryan and I did over the smell the last few times she's gotten her bowl cleaned. "Okay, Alex. Thanks for telling me." You nut case.

1 comment:

Nicole Bolinger said...

I just looked at you food blog! i need to look at it more often! Some of that stuff looks yummy!