Friday, September 26, 2008

Does This Make it Official?

Today I did something I wouldn't have imagined I'd have ever done, and I'm not sure that it doesn't make me officially insane. In the very recent past, I thought that only a very dedicated few of certain types of people did this. By that I mean gluttons for punishment or serious tree huggers. With my being really neither of those two types of people, I have to admit that I might have been wrong before.
Today I bought cloth diapers. To use. On a baby. My baby. In this lifetime.
Yep. It's out of character for sure. I try really hard to keep things around here LOW maintenance. But apparently things have changed, and I didn't just chain myself to a poo pail for 3 years. I talked to several normal people who are doing it, and I researched it, and I think I can do it without cracking up. I hope.
So, I'm hoping this will save us some money, and I'm almost giddy at the thought of never having to take a middle of the night, "Oh crap, we're out of diapers!" trip to Wally World.
Wish us luck. Or a return to sanity.

6 comments:

Katie Rod said...

Let us know how it goes. I can't really say I will follow that path, but I haven't tried it either. By the way, happy early birthday!

amanda said...

I entertained the idea, but it never came to fruition. Good luck, though! I was sold on these flushable things, but then, I realized that normal poo stops up our plumbing, so I better not clutter it up with a diapers before send off.

Scott, Melinda, and the boys said...

Good Luck. Your mom did it for at least a few of us. I bet your baby will not be in diapers for 3 years if you have to wash them every time they sh... I mean poop. Happy Birthday, BTW.

Jessie said...

Oh man....I wish you luck in this!! I think that if I ever decided to go with cloth diapers I would have a husband that would refuse to change the diaper...well I take that back he would change the diaper but then I would get stuck actually cleaning the diaper every time because I know that he wouldn't!!! Defintely keep us posted on how it goes I am very curious about the whole cloth diaper thing!

Mark said...

Welcome to the dark side....mwah ah ah.

April V said...

Jessica,

I am very worried about you.. when we visited you this summer you seemed normal.. but i think aliens have invaded your body or something.. give me a clue some how if you need help.. i'll pick up on it.. i'll call someone.. maybe you need to have an alien implant surgery????